All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Digg: Olympia launch/updates  Digg: Olympia launch/updates  Digg: Olympia launch/updates  Digg: Olympia launch/updates Go to page 1, 2  Next

Olympia launch/updates
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hello, everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates on the website, we have been pretty busy since the launch, dealing with a large amount of players and updating the game. We had a pretty successful launch, peaking at up to 411 players online (see this screenshot!).
Unfortunately there have been some issues lately which may be the cause of the population decreasing a bit. We are working on the following issues at the moment:

• Town balance. Aresden has almost always have had more players than Elvine since the start of the server. We have designed a system to make it more easily to move players and guilds and we will be using it as soon as possible.
  • Event imbalance. This is made worse when a town has more players than the other. We are working on making events more fair for both sides when either side has more players, while also making it more fun.
  • Cheating in the form of sound and sprite editing/swapping. We are going to be providing security measures to prevent this kind of cheating and ban players who persist on using them after being warned.
  • Bows being far too strong, making it very easy for a couple of wars to quickly beat mages from far away.
  • Client crashes and other annoying bugs which we have fixed or are working on fixing for the next patch.

Stay tuned as we will update the site more often with news of what we are doing and the status of the server.

Re: Olympia launch/updates
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:51 pm 

Great stuff! Keep the updates coming as and when you can :)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:50 am 

I have played these 2 days and i only can say is /clap

Maybe the 30 levels difference for give EK, actual heros, made his set killing miners and low level characters leveling, and for us now its more difficult.
Why not put a level requeriment to 111 for enter in ML mine? This change is just give free mining to anyone in ml mine.

About the map changes without delay...amazing, good job.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:00 pm 

nidamae wrote:

You guys really like that? It was always pretty clear it was a way not to move too quickly out of buildings when your cursor is in the opposite direction to where you have to go when you spawn inside. I find it super annoying and keep running out of shop/BS/WH multiple times before stabilizing lol. I think it's a blind improvement :|

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Ostrich wrote:
nidamae wrote:

You guys really like that? It was always pretty clear it was a way not to move too quickly out of buildings when your cursor is in the opposite direction to where you have to go when you spawn inside. I find it super annoying and keep running out of shop/BS/WH multiple times before stabilizing lol. I think it's a blind improvement :|

You can avoid that by just clicking once in the teleport tile, rather than click holding. But yea, it's still not the best 'solution'. I've thought of a few ways to avoid that problem, we'll see soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:55 am 

Ostrich wrote:
nidamae wrote:

sincerely, I prefer that little problem and can change map quickly while i do pvp. You only need train it, click on the entrance or do a quick right click once you enter in the buildings.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:04 am 

I tend to remap 3-5 times before I get to the right map :D. Especially d2 portals / wh / shop.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:06 pm 

nidamae wrote:
Ostrich wrote:
nidamae wrote:

sincerely, I prefer that little problem and can change map quickly while i do pvp. You only need train it, click on the entrance or do a quick right click once you enter in the buildings.

There was already a trick to move faster when you changed maps before though. While admittedly not as fast as the current version, it was funny to see people who knew how to use it gain some ground on their enemies who didn't and stood still at an entrance for 1 second like statues. A bit of a shame we lost that too!

But yeah, I can understand why you'd prefer this, just voicing the other side of the coin because it's hard to break HB habits after years, I think I'll keep running out of buildings for a loooong while unless one of the fixes Cleroth mentioned works.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

What was the trick?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:52 pm 

Not sure I can describe it well, I'd gotten used to doing it so I don't remember the details. I think you had to hold your click during the map change, then release it right as the new map popped up and spam clicks to move quickly. Maybe others can provide some input. It was really tricky / hard to get right 24/7, imo.