All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Digg: Olympia launching on March 7 (2015)  Digg: Olympia launching on March 7 (2015)  Digg: Olympia launching on March 7 (2015)  Digg: Olympia launching on March 7 (2015) Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Olympia launching on March 7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:12 pm 

Cleroth wrote:
if you use /oldcamera, it should be pretty similar to what was before.

Actually its not ;p but as You said you're working on it - the main problem(except all mentioned) for me is changing directions which seems to be very resistant.

I got also 3 more qestions for You ;p:

1. Will you implement that pots and food won't drop from char when killed
2. What will be set up for BF map after winning held(no respawn, limited time...)
3. Now when CK and other spells and summons give ek how will you prevent lame eking when som1 just change map and "wakes up" in box ;p - will there be some kind of immunity time - for example if char doesn't get any dmg for 30 sec before changing map gets 10 sec immunity time on safe if he accidently walks into such kind of box;p

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:25 pm 

Quote:
Actually its not ;p but as You said you're working on it - the main problem(except all mentioned) for me is changing directions which seems to be very resistant.

You can try using '/oldpathing' to toggle both new and old moving methods. You will note that the new one makes you move straight more easily.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:09 pm 

Kazin wrote:
You can try using '/oldpathing' to toggle both new and old moving methods. You will note that the new one makes you move straight more easily.

Oh I tested both modes and when it comes to "driving" char(especially changing dircetions) its so much worse that it used to be - old way were more sensitive and accurate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

Colt wrote:
Cleroth wrote:
if you use /oldcamera, it should be pretty similar to what was before.

This is really a placebo effect. It changes direction exactly as fast as before, but there are some reasons for why this might not look so. The game is smoother so you actually do see the character finalizing the movement to the tile before it changes direction. The other reason is that the cursor is laggy at the moment in fullscreen (this should be fixed soon). Try running the game in windowed to see if it helps.

Colt wrote:
1. Will you implement that pots and food won't drop from char when killed
2. What will be set up for BF map after winning held(no respawn, limited time...)
3. Now when CK and other spells and summons give ek how will you prevent lame eking when som1 just change map and "wakes up" in box ;p - will there be some kind of immunity time - for example if char doesn't get any dmg for 30 sec before changing map gets 10 sec immunity time on safe if he accidently walks into such kind of box;p

1. Probably not. I think this would affect new players that don't have zems more than anything, which really isn't good.
2. Not sure.
3. Summons don't give EKs. The purpose of this change is really to get people to not abuse safes, not to give EKs. CK itself should be enough to not let people linger in safe indefinitely. Granted, you could probably still lame if you managed to box someone with enough people and be able to keep them alive. That does require a large number of people though, and this was already a problem in some places with no safe. I agree that something should be done but I'm not sure the invincibility part is the best course of action. I still think my idea of showing how many enemy players are on the other side to be the best solution to this (along with the removal of cross-map safe zones).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:05 pm 

Use the old original resolution plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:23 pm 

Cleroth wrote:
I still think my idea of showing how many enemy players are on the other side to be the best solution to this (along with the removal of cross-map safe zones).

I must have missed it cause i didn't know about such an idea and sure it should be sufficient.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:06 pm 

FINALLY :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:05 pm 

Colt wrote:
Kazin wrote:

Oh I tested both modes and when it comes to "driving" char(especially changing dircetions) its so much worse that it used to be - old way were more sensitive and accurate

+1
warrior can have some problems in fight;) I have

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 pm 

As it stands now, I agree the old school resolution is better. But if these bumps and flies get fixed. I think its only a matter of time before you get used to the new one. And it is pretty cool to play in 800x600

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

We've fixed them, I'll be updating tomorrow.