All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Digg: Beta updates  Digg: Beta updates  Digg: Beta updates  Digg: Beta updates Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Re: Beta updates
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:40 pm 

Oh yea because my attitude has CLEARLY been bad mouthing this project all the time right??

Hell no, I've been encouraging Cleroth hell of a lot, and this time I honestly just think the admin(s) have made a HORRIBLE decision.

Last olympia had 300 online, don't forget that, there's no reason it shouldn't be possible again, I don't care about ''but the other servers has this amount of people online, the community is dead stupid''
You don't know shit about the community, many people don't even play atm, though they would if they saw a server with great potential.

The game mechanics are fine like they were on USA, that is what gives the game it's charm, the small flaws here and there. Last Olympia had everything it needed to become succesfull, the ONLY THING it needed was some of the ''features'' or events currently under development, that and active staff, and by active I mean actively announcing what is going on in development, what events are coming up, summon events, lots of pvm events in general (to give low geared players without a good guild some mass killing action)

He is well trained though so don't worry !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:44 pm 

The new animation hurts. I cant explain it well but character while running is shaking or blinking that thing hurt my eyes alot. Next thing theres a noticeable delay on changing directions of running character.

What is more why there no crit, running and walking sound ? That will kill the gameplay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:36 pm 

Uh, aren't some of you missing the point? Like, I'm not even following all the details these days and I could be missing a good chunk of it, but here's what I'm making out of the change:

- It's not like Cleroth decided to change the animations and all for the heck of it / to depart from a 'normal HB' feel? It's probably part of recoding everything so 1. everyone plays in the same conditions, 2. the entire game isn't a coding mess and Cleroth isn't turned off from making any update later. You can't both complain that the lack of updates is what killed Olympia and that Cleroth is 'changing HB too much' (to precisely make sure he fixes the no update issue...).

- It's not like yesterday's update is set in stone? Obviously it's still glitchy (lack of sound, bumps, buggy flying and whatnot, I could only test it for like one minute), but that's going to be fixed eventually. For all I know, maybe the running itself can still be tweaked so it feels closer to what it used to be. So, uh, maybe precise comments on how 'weird' it feels (I agree with A$AP that changing directions seems to be less responsive, that was the most jarring thing to me) will be more useful to fix that feel than jumping to conclusions. :s

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:51 pm 

I don't think any sprite or background has been redrawn, resolution is the same 800x600,

Delay after changing direction has been always there because character has to reach center of the tile it was going for before turning.

Only thing I see that has changed is that you can see background more clearly now and it wont turn in to the blurry glitch show it used to be while moving.

Character and monster animations can be seen more clearly and so on, it is almost like 10 Frame per second refresh rate HB turned in to the 60 FPS game...

In my opinion this is what original HB designers would have done if they had ability for it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:55 pm 

fufu wrote:
Penispump wrote:
Most people I've talked to so far doesent like it either..

Penispump wrote:
I'm really just forwarding my opinion and people who I've discussed it with.

You must have many opinion leaders there.. in jail

Good things come from jail. Without cocaine addicted Tim Allen being in Jail we would not have gotten to experience Home Improvement. Thank god for cocaine. Thank god for jail.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:07 pm 
Quote:
You can't both complain that the lack of updates is what killed Olympia and that Cleroth is 'changing HB too much'
:o

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:24 am 

Nefthis wrote:
The new animation hurts. I cant explain it well but character while running is shaking or blinking that thing hurt my eyes alot. Next thing theres a noticeable delay on changing directions of running character.

What is more why there no crit, running and walking sound ? That will kill the gameplay

Someone needs a better computer because I do not see this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:32 am 

How about adding some drones ? I think they will fit just fine. With a FLIR cam for the runners perhaps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:12 am 
Site Admin

21 February:
Changes:
    Added a toggle to use old camera with command /oldcamera or inside the Extended Menu (it's not exactly the same camera system, but should be very similar)
    Damages over 255 will now correctly show up as "Crit" rather than an incorrect amount
    Spells are now shown even if the caster isn't in view

Fixes:
    Fixed jitter ("shaking") on unit animations and chat above head
    Fixed animations starting a bit too far ahead in position (makes them look even more fluid)
    Fixed non-flying spell damages flying and flying spell damages not flying
    Fixed flying and dashing setting incorrect positions, causing 'ghost' players
    Fixed flying animation being way too fast
    Fixed not being able to give items to anyone, including NPCs
    Fixed audio not playing for players. We're still working on adding the sounds for monsters on the new system
    Fixed one type of female player not showing name
    Fixed Hero Set and Merien effects not showing
    Fixed corpses disappearing too soon
    Fixed quests not giving gold
    Fixed being able to open blacksmith by opening shop twice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:03 pm 

Its only me (Win8) or theres weird shadow on male chars using capes ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next