All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Digg: Olympia currently offline. Back online soon  Digg: Olympia currently offline. Back online soon  Digg: Olympia currently offline. Back online soon  Digg: Olympia currently offline. Back online soon Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Olympia currently offline. Back online soon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:47 pm 

As I understood we'll be staying with the current dedi til the new ones delivered. The current dedi null-route won't be removed until the 24 hrs has passed. Although, at that time I believe Cleroth will be sleeping? Or maybe he'll stay up :D. So it will most likely be back online within the next 8-20 hrs AntiYou. Unless my interpretation was completely wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

TeddyBear wrote:
As I understood we'll be staying with the current dedi til the new ones delivered. The current dedi null-route won't be removed until the 24 hrs has passed. Although, at that time I believe Cleroth will be sleeping? Or maybe he'll stay up :D. So it will most likely be back online within the next 8-20 hrs AntiYou. Unless my interpretation was completely wrong.

Correct.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 pm 

TeddyBear wrote:

well.. boss say its correct :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:48 pm 

Oh well, DDoS, child's play ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:37 pm 

How about the cost of the attack?
There are of course endless roots to be acquired, yet every attack from an exploited machine leads to a potential loss of access, given attackers dun actually utilize legal resources.
So what should we bet on - admins growing brains or attackers running out of juice?

Seems neither is ever going to happen, so how about some other options like adding hops between clients and server, making endpoint transparent to attackers. In terms - C connects to B, which redirects to A. In case A is unknown to attacker and B goes down, B has to be easily substituted by T.
C as client; B as bouncer; A as aim; T as target or generic type ;]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:52 pm 

apt wrote:
How about the cost of the attack?
There are of course endless roots to be acquired, yet every attack from an exploited machine leads to a potential loss of access, given attackers dun actually utilize legal resources.
So what should we bet on - admins growing brains or attackers running out of juice?

Seems neither is ever going to happen, so how about some other options like adding hops between clients and server, making endpoint transparent to attackers. In terms - C connects to B, which redirects to A. In case A is unknown to attacker and B goes down, B has to be easily substituted by T.
C as client; B as bouncer; A as aim; T as target or generic type ;]

"B" could either be a round-robin DNS, Virtual IP or a loadbalancer. "A" would be considered as the destination or endpoint; hidden/invisible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:06 pm 

Is this going to be a common thing then? Every Sunday the server will go down and we won't be able to play for 24 hrs (minimum)?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:09 pm 

u all talking about coding/betterment? Spemt ur time looking at down time of Helbreath Olympia, said enuh, they took REAL, maybe alot resources to make US down, wish i can help

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:14 pm 

Server not up yet, another invasion??, My COINS go where then??!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:17 pm 

lawooch wrote:
u all talking about coding/betterment? Spemt ur time looking at down time of Helbreath Olympia, said enuh, they took REAL, maybe alot resources to make US down, wish i can help

Well, to me, it doesn't take much to produce this sorta firepower. I've seen and experienced way worse - on a daily basis :)

But I would regard this as a "large" attack, considering that this is merely a private game server.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next