All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Digg: Beta second phase  Digg: Beta second phase  Digg: Beta second phase  Digg: Beta second phase Go to page 1, 2  Next

Beta second phase
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Polska wersja

We are now ready for the second phase of the beta! The game was updated and this time we will be mainly testing the following features:

Anti-pulling and relog system:
    If a player gets disconnected (due to lag or pulling), the character will stay in game for 10 seconds (this timer is reset if the player takes damage). While in this limbo state, the player can still reconnect immediately without having to resort to the 'force disconnection' system.
    If you get disconnected in the middle of a fight, you can still reconnect to avoid dying while your character is disconnected in the limbo state. While disconnected, players receive only 1/4th of the damage they normally would, and are completely immune to NPCs
    There is also an auto-relog system (enabled by default, or with /autorelog). If you get disconnected due to lag, the game will attempt to reconnect as soon as possible.

Other changes:
  • Removed Ettin pit in MLM and reduced MGs in ML
  • Lowered overall 1st drops
  • Changed physical non-stunning hits to be displayed, but without 'on-hit' animation
  • Disabled Global Chat by default
  • Fixed Alchemy, Crafting, and Manufacturing not working
  • Increased exp gained at lvl 140 (x3 -> x3.6)
  • Pressing escape now cancels any chat input
  • Fixed Summon Creature
  • Set party shared exp range to 60 tiles. Will share exp if you can fully see killer's party icon on zoomed-in minimap
  • Increased civilian protection time
  • Prevented civilians from being an EK or getting EKs
  • Criminals can no longer see auras on town members
  • Fixed food not giving increased regen
  • Fixed incorrect experience rewards for quests
  • Prevented anti-hack false positives
  • Fixed some font colours
  • Fixed some maps being unenterable
  • Fixed remember username not working sometimes
  • Fixed some minor whisper bugs

The plan for this current phase:
    This particular phase servers the purpose of trying to approximate the best drop balance, as well as character builds balance (tested by using /resetstats). Additionally, this is a good time to test the anti-pulling and relog system which was removed due to bugs in the past.

The future and official release: I estimate the official release to be in around 10 days from now. Currently it is hard to pinpoint exactly when it will be, because we want it to be as perfect as possible. I hope that at least most of the following can be complete before the official release:
  • Adding more user-friendly systems to aid new players (improving Freya, etc...)
  • Fully-featured market system
  • Spanish translation
  • Windowed mode

Re: Beta second phase
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 pm 

Now your mentioning the resetstats. I trully believe that this should be available any time a player wants to change his stats without wasting a majestic that is hard to obtain or the creation of a new character and leaving the other in waste. Maybe if ppl pay to the cityhall officer X amount of gold to change stat could be added but giving majestics as a "mistake" sometimes ppl make or if you find a new weapon you need to loose your majs to try it.

And thanks for the updates, just 5 mins ago training, 1 ww droped exp21 plate, mg droped mp7 chain mail, clop = dm1 so yes drop rate is good 8-) . Lets see now in 4.2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:20 pm 

nice nice n nice, time to get testing!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 pm 

Victorious wrote:
1 ww droped exp21 plate

ON: Im at my parents house, and i forgot my mouse in my apartment (i hope), so ill start testing tomorrow. Everything looks great btw.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:03 pm 

If players are immune to NPCs while disconnected, couldn't someone tank a tigerworm, dc, wait a little bit, reconnect, and repeat the process while taking a very minimal amount of damage? I'm just thinking that this feature has the potential to be abused.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Nicely observed, but I thought of that too. The NPCs will stop aiming the disconnected player. The only potential abuse I could see is to avoid a death by NPCs, which isn't really a huge deal (specially since you could already do it before).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 am 

Can we get free weapons/spells/armor during this phase? It's kinda hard to use /resetstats to try other builds when it deletes 20k worth of spells from you and you're too poor to buy any back.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:01 am 

I think wizard tower should be free temporarily for the fact that resetting stats makes you lose your spells and that crap is expensive to keep getting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:09 am 

Windowed mode? I can get Helbreath to be windowed, but it doesn't play really, it just lags. Will windowed mode play equivalent to full screen?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:49 pm 

nice!:)