All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Digg: Changing Town  Digg: Changing Town  Digg: Changing Town  Digg: Changing Town Go to page 1, 2  Next

Changing Town
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:32 pm 

Can you please tell me why its an option to change town? It seems to me this only messes up the balance of the server.

If you're dead set on keeping it in the game, I think it's dumb to change peoples hero over to the other town, currently people are free to move from town to town whenever they see fit and without anything holding them back. If their hero didn't move with them (they either lose it, or it simply can't be equipped if its the enemies colours) they'd think twice about shooting over to the other town.

On the subject of hero armour I think its silly that changing your stats to a warrior from a mage also gives you the hero armour for that class - plate / helm should be earned as a warrior, just as robe/cap should be earned as a mage.

Basically the TL;DR is: I feel that as long as people can shoot from town to town balance will never be upheld. I also think if you dont switch the hero armour it will a) stop people swapping and b) give more incentive / add to the end game of eking.

People quit every day due to the sides constantly changing ... something needs to be done.

Re: Changing Town
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:30 pm 

It can stay, cuz there can be some reasons to change city, but it should cost more... maybe 30coins? or even more

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

ftw wrote:
On the subject of hero armour I think its silly that changing your stats to a warrior from a mage also gives you the hero armour for that class - plate / helm should be earned as a warrior, just as robe/cap should be earned as a mage.

It doesn't. People usually reach FH EKs without getting any hero piece, then stat change and get all of the pieces.

As for the balance, you guys were just heavily complaining about Elvine being imbalanced, people change to balance, now Aresden is imbalanced. Town changes or not, balance will always sway back and forth.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:44 pm 

Cleroth you dont see problem, some hunting players or maybe guild can change town to Elvine. Why? because safely game is all what they need.

you need to have control over this

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

From what I understood GA changed to Elvine. I'd hardly call them a hunting guild.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:37 pm 

I do not mean GA:P another players who dont want fight vs GA;) please check how many randoms change city

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

It seems GA moved back to Aresden today.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:26 pm 

yes now GA back to ares but how many ppl go to elv?;) 10+?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:40 am 

I'm from aresden, this post wasn't about GA going to elv. This post was about the good of the whole server in general.

As long as people can easily move to the "easier" side so they dont keep getting ek'd, the more the sides will become imbalanced.

Those who can afford to move to the easier side do so and those who cant become more and more out numbered .... and ultimately quit.

I feel it should be removed and the balance issue being addressed as and when it needs to be by running a query to see who the most active players in a certain town are and a certain number of town changes required to balance it up.

So lets say aresden is the most overpowered side (e.g. average active aresdens = 200, average active elvs = 100), find the 100 most active aresdens and offer them the chance to move to elvine (capped at 50 moves) which would in theory make it an active split of 150 to 150.

You could do this every 3-6months or so when the sides become imbalanced.

But then again.. you'd miss out on coin donations for town changes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:55 pm 

You should be stripped of your Hero armour or have it unwearable if you can change town at the sprinkle of some coins. The only reason people swap is to EK their previous town as its over populated.

If you want to EK for the opposing faction then you should re-earn that armour, not be granted it.

How about a poll...