All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Digg: A possible alternative to Vortex?  Digg: A possible alternative to Vortex?  Digg: A possible alternative to Vortex?  Digg: A possible alternative to Vortex?

A possible alternative to Vortex?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:04 am 

So at the moment, the population seems to express a disinterest in acquiring and using vortex gems. Most find it pretty useless and not worth it for how hard it is to acquire one.

I came across the idea and I'm not sure if it had been suggested or even considered previously.

As of right now, 1 vortex gem gives you the ability to latch a dr19/mr19 (tier 3) gem and get the tier 1 stat (mr7/dr7).

I was thinking maybe granting players the option to use 3 vortex gems on an item to get the full tier 3.
So one tier upgrade per gem.

ie.
Plate mail mr56. Use 1 vortex gem and mr19 to get MR+7 bonus into Mr63.
Plate mail mr63. Use 2nd vortex gem and mr19 to get mr+7 bonus into mr70.
Plate mail mr70. Use 3rd vortex gem and mr19 to get mr+7 bonus into mr77.

Re: A possible alternative to Vortex?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:23 am 

I think it should be
Plate mail mr56. Use 1 vortex gem and mr19 to get tier 1 bonus MR+8 (Mr 64)
Plate mail mr56 Use 2nd vortex gem and mr19 to get tier 2 bonus Mr+14 (Mr70)
Plate mail mr56. Use 3rd vortex gem and mr19 to get tier 3 bonus Mr+19 (Mr75)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:58 pm 

A$AP wrote:
So at the moment, the population seems to express a disinterest in acquiring and using vortex gems. Most find it pretty useless and not worth it for how hard it is to acquire one.

I came across the idea and I'm not sure if it had been suggested or even considered previously.

As of right now, 1 vortex gem gives you the ability to latch a dr19/mr19 (tier 3) gem and get the tier 1 stat (mr7/dr7).

I was thinking maybe granting players the option to use 3 vortex gems on an item to get the full tier 3.

ie.

Right, so you think people don't care too much about vortex gems because they are too rare, so you suggest increasing the amount of vortex gems needed? I fail to see any logic in this suggestion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:49 am 

Warren wrote:
A$AP wrote:

ie.

Right, so you think people don't care too much about vortex gems because they are too rare, so you suggest increasing the amount of vortex gems needed? I fail to see any logic in this suggestion.

You fail to see the logic because you yourself lack it.
I said people consider vortex not as WORTHY because its only 7% bonus. As hard as it is to find one, if people really wanted that extra +19 bonus as before, they have to work that much harder to get 3. They could always opt to make every piece a tier one upgrade, then upgrade piece by piece into tier 2. Do take into account that it is VERY difficult to acquire vortex gems, and that it would require 3x4 = 12 vortex to get a full +19 on each item, plus 12 DR/MR19 gems. This wouldn't really hurt people, but it would make using vortex a little bit more beneficial for what it's worth.