All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  Digg: New item stats, unique items - lets make a step in future.  Digg: New item stats, unique items - lets make a step in future.  Digg: New item stats, unique items - lets make a step in future.  Digg: New item stats, unique items - lets make a step in future.

New item stats, unique items - lets make a step in future.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:18 am 

Dont you think guys that most of primary stats are just useless? If its not ass huge cic or exp its just pointless to bother about them, so i came with an idea...

Armors:
Deflect Damage - primary stat, name says it all.
Regeneration - regenerates stamina + hp each 1-3/s, for like 1-4 per item.

Weapons:
Lifesteal - primary stat.
Fire Damage - secondary stat, adds some fire burst damage on each hit, MR allows to resist it.
Lighting Damage - same as above but it ticks 2 times after with a low dmg, break cast/stun a by 0.1 sec?

Unique items idea:
Items that stat are always the same, cant be different, a few examples:

Guardians Winged Helm - looks like Wing, some dif color, stats: pa15, dr35.
Great Sword of Destruction - critical chd10, rep7, hp56.
Elven Chain Mail - mp35, dr28, light12%.

Re: New item stats, unique items - lets make a step in futur
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:05 pm 

no. Too much of a change - will imbalance the game even more...

And are you serious ... Great Sword of Destruction - critical chd10, rep7, hp56. ?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:08 pm 

sorry to ump his ideas but I figured my ideas will count more towards the future and add a little silliness to the game that will be fun once its found out it will also make use of the Church (pointless ingame atm)

My idea comes from D&D with there special items of Cursed and blessed items (like most items ingame we have HP/DR yada yada)

With the Cursed/blessed items it can be a random deal on what the items may be no1 will know unless they take it to the church and pay 100k gold for at 25% chance of the Preist being correct on what the item will do and its stats

Lets say we have a Unidentified Flamberge or Special flamberge the user can put it on and risk being cursed with that weapon or he may have a blessed weapon putting the item on will identify the item BUT it comes at a major risk

A Cursed item may make you do a quest to kill 10 demons with this weapon (lets just say it has -10 normal dmg) you now must kill 10 demons with this weapon to remove it or destroy it you cant switch the item out for another due to its cursed and will stay in your hand til its curse is lifted there will be a safe way out for those who don't want to deal with it and payy 500k gold to the priest to Destroy said item.

Blessed items will do the opposite and give help instead of falter the player further it may add +5 dmg or anything but these items will be like MFS and be uncommon drops from all mobs

Adding in the rep situation to the game if a Cursed item is on a -100 rep character it may be benefitial to him for he has negative rep and visa versa for blessed items

both item types may be useful in changing the game up a little bit towards the future and it adds a bit of mystery to your items store that you can have fun with you may even trade these items as unidentified and get something of worth to you and miss out on the blessed of cursed item you may have gotten rid of.

These items will run like the Fragile items so anything that is powerfull will be gone in a 1 week period making the item go away but this is only apon there identification (or not up to cleroth here) this idea ive felt should have been a log thought out idea so I wanna see suggestions from other players

Thanks for reading maybe ill see a few good replies to this :D

ShangTsung/Godnilla

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:40 pm 

I sort of like the idea of being stuck with a crappy weapon until completion of a certain quest.
However, I also believe the idea isn't quite there yet; gambling fits the game well, despite it being that common; taking a risk leading to unpleasant result that forces players to play more in order to get back to normal is something that may turn out beneficial, but also annoying, which is just fine.
What I don't like is the concept of unidentified items. It somewhat leads the way to even more scams among party members, when it comes to splitting drops.
It is also rather hard to introduce new items / new type of items to the game.
In my opinion dismissing further gambling options is a bad choice, simply because the game is somewhat based on gambling, which makes it a successful scheme given the game is played.
So I'd suggest you consider adding further gambling options that are simple and fun. If I recall correctly there's already an in-game item called "Pandora's box". Dare to open it and end up getting EK x2 or respectively EK x0 for the next 5 kills or so.
The outcome may have effect on so much related to a character — temporary stats reduction / boost (like +3 vit for a week), greater or weaker regens, improved or lowered drop rate, weight capacity, hair color, you name it.
The idea is similar to the fragile items, but it is based entirely on gambling and has less effects on the game balance. The most important aspect is the temporal one — once the box has been opened by a certain char, it's effect has to pass before it might be opened again by that particular char. Gambling is addictive and the intervals between gambling attempts will make addicts play longer.
The idea is rather easy to implement, since it does not require much of an extension of the current game.
The idea is also similar to the Halloween 'trade bat', which was perceived rather positively by the players. It resembles item upgrade too with the risk bound to it. Yet it allows spells to be temporarily enabled or disabled for example, while everything else is rather item oriented or permanent (angels, when it comes to stats, manuals, dyes, etc).
I think the best part of it is the exploration. Players will experience effects that they didn't even know existed.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:57 am 

my idea does need a little bit of work and it will take time to even get running properly but I feel it will make more fun for the game as you suggested pandoras box was once here on the server back on HBLegion pandoras boxes needed donations for the keys if I remember. making it more or less an item of they guy who wants to buy mine makes it more or less random and Unidentified items can punish a party theif if they are dumb enough to put the item on thinking its good for the chances of it being blessed should only be 20% the rest is 80% for being cursed but its the gambling that will keep the players going keeping a good ratio for that system. and for donations could make the preist make the cursed item a blessed item for 5-10 coins yada yada it will just make the item instead of being -10 dmg it will be a +5 dmg item lets just say but the item must be put on or identified first to be able to do the coin thing. that's just on the donations side of things personally I think it should be like 2mil gold can ya imagine getting an anc BH -10 dmg get 5 eks with this weapon quest? sounds hard to me :D

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:04 pm 

your rambling is difficult to follow.

@apt i like your idea

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:09 pm 

sorry was on my phone with my last post so it doesn't do everything properly.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:42 am 

Pandora's box may also contribute to the cash shop:
10 coins to reset it's effect
5 coins to extend it's effect by a day / amount of eks / etc.

On the fun side it looks like:

Let me risk losing AMP for a week, but hopefully get Cancellation instead...
Oh cock, my female char turned into a male for the next week!
What do I do now that I'm unable to wear my armours... guess I'll spend those 10 coins that I've been trying to get up to 15 for a sex changer.

Let me try get that drop rate bonus...
Oh well, now I'll be getting double EKs for the next 5 kills!
But I'm missing like 30 EKs for my next hero item; how about I spend 15 coins and get those twice as fast now that I'm able to; wouldn't want to miss the opportunity.

Let me try get those few extra stats to align my build perfectly...
Jeez, my pants turned yellow instead!
Who cares, nobody sees that anyway; better luck next time.

Let me try get those better regens...
Shoot, I'm unable to carry 1k arrows along my bow, gis, hammer and 3 sets for the next week.
Now what do I leave behind...

So yea, aside from the gambling fun and joy in case of a positive outcome, players would be forced to also face negative consequences, which lets them develop better crisis management skill.

I guess, Pandora's box has to be freely available in the shop and it's price has to be considerable, but also not very high; something in the range of 25-50k gold. Once used, it disappears and leaves behind it's effect only.