All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Digg: Recall Issue  Digg: Recall Issue  Digg: Recall Issue  Digg: Recall Issue Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Recall Issue
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 pm 

So there are few things i would like to ask Cleroth. As far as I can understand the Idea that after hitting player from your own town he still can recall I dont get those things at all:

you re able to recall after being : hit by (Enemy) creature (not summon)
poisoned by (Enemy) creature
poisoned by townmate ( standing on ck and with spell "poison")
poisoned by Enemy player (using poison, mass poison spell)
poisoned by enemy player using psn weapon ( after 15s from dmg when ur still poisoned you can freely recall)

I think that poison is just bugged because it works fine when you use ck on enemy players.

I would suggest changing those things mentioned above. Enemy is Enemy doesnt matter if its other town player or creature, it should put cd on recall.

Lets imagine situation:

1.Im chasing mage, he s running to safe zone. Before safe zone he throws there spike/fw/ck he receives dmg from his own spell and is able to freely recall.

2.Mage boxed by creatures on pit for example ig sg etc can recall

Is it possible to put for example poison cloud on any other aoe spell or it has to be same spell ?

Also theres small problem with client/graphics I guess. When you run sometimes mouse cursor changes from normal to 4 arrows directed to center cursor ( that one from inserting gems to armor or major gems to armors)

It was editted 5 times sorry lol.

Re: Recall Issue
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:03 pm 

ok

Last edited by Sangreal on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 pm 

Sangreal wrote:
That other cursor appears when u point mouse on a change map hex

Cleroth wrote:
1 March:
Warning: This update will require the updater to redownload many of the sprites, due to many sprite fixes (black characters, green colours, stray pixels)
Changes:
    Cursor will now change to a green spell icon when mousing over teleport tiles
    Reduced effectiveness of frozen
    Defense Shield and Great Defense Shield now correctly adds DR on the client's player stats

Fixes:
    Fixed a few bugs with bumps
    Fixed camera moving abruptly when bumping and improved the new camera a bit
    Fixed a few of cases of unit duplication
    Dead animations no longer finish early (fixes bumping into dead units)
    Fixed a few character sounds (NPC sounds still to be implemented)
    Cloudkill now correctly breaks Paralyze
    Fixed attacks hitting friendly players when in safe mode
    Fixed double-clicking in inventory sometimes picking the wrong item for warehouse/mailbox/market
    Fixed selection cursor when using dyes/etc...
    Fixed old mouse input method not showing cursor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:13 pm 

What about poison ? Is it bugged or it was change to be like that ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:36 pm 

I'm not sure if in the old version you can cast recall when you was damaged from a townmate, but now in beta you can cast recall even if you take dmg from an ally.

Maybe the spell bugged is Cloud Kill, you still can take experience and drops from killing mobs using it, and on my opinion this must change. You can easy kill tons of mobs in TOH only using Ck + Invi and wait.

Now seems that Cd on recall spell only start when you take dmg from an enemy source. Creatures seems to be "neutral" ¿? for now ? And probably Poison and mass-poison too.

Have you checked Spike field? Maybe could be problems with this too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:43 pm 

Poison from enemy (ck,poison,mass poison , poison cloud or psn weapon) all should put cd on recall

I just dont have answer from Cleroth. Dunno if it is bug or it was made on purpose.

Edit:
Receiving exp from mobs killed by ck is rly messed up and should be changed imo.

- Before releasing pls check pits on all maps. I thought that only hidden cc pit in d2 was messed up, but there are a lot more. There are pits missing ( able to see them on ctrl+z) and some are moved or pit monsters are walking freelly where they want.

- check map teleports. Teleport from acc ( with hills ) to sg pit ( with bridge) is not working at all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:17 pm 

Looks like launch won't be this Saturday :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

The poison code doesn't know who the poisoner is. Always been that way. Also not being able to recall after taking enemy damage is something we introduced in Olympia. CK works by damaging players around it and then poisoning them, hence it being able to stop recalls. I might change poison to actually stop recall, but not a huge problem at the moment.

Sangreal wrote:
1.Im chasing mage, he s running to safe zone. Before safe zone he throws there spike/fw/ck he receives dmg from his own spell and is able to freely recall.

That's easily solved by casting your own CK on top of it. It'll set the owner of that CK to you, but won't reset the timer (this is why the graphics will now re-appear, to give the player the feedback that it 'replaced' those tiles).

Sangreal wrote:
- check map teleports. Teleport from acc ( with hills ) to sg pit ( with bridge) is not working at all.

acc? I've no idea where you're talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:26 pm 

Cleroth wrote:
acc? I've no idea where you're talking about.

He is talking about ares cc pit in d2 - if you follow the "road" down it will lead you to sg pit on "hills" where is or should be teleport to bridge above ares cc pit;p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:00 pm 

Players being able to recall while poisoned is a huge problem because psn weapons are worthless now.