All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Digg: Monsters Damage  Digg: Monsters Damage  Digg: Monsters Damage  Digg: Monsters Damage

Monsters Damage
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:02 am 

So, I've been playing and testing HB olympia for a few days now, and I've noticed a few things that I'd like to bring to the community's attention. I also do understand that most of you have been playing here far longer than me, and may not find this to be an issue at all. If so, please bare with me and explain to me what I'm missing here. And of course, I am speaking from a solo play style on a warrior.

At level 140 max level, I've had a very difficult time fighting monsters such as Ogres, WWs, Ettins, Stalkers. To my knowledge and experience from playing HB at max level 180, a lot of the monsters were created to be suitable for a level 180 players stats. Meaning that the basic stats of a player is sustainable from the damage output from the monsters. What if we were to decrease the damage output by 25%, and increase their survivability of average monsters that normal players can handle solo by 30-40%? Helbreath when it comes to farming and leveling, most of the time you are playing solo. But at the current status of the game, it is highly unbalanced in my opinion. Then again, I do see the problem by changing this as well because people can just party up and farm much faster and easier. Perhaps we can solve that problem by scaling up monsters powers to match the number of players in a party?

Again, I'm new to this server and I've still learning a lot about how this server is operated, so please be so kind and fill me in.

Lastly, I have a request for the Character Stats Simulator in game. It is very frustrating to have to click every +/- to adjust the stats, I would love if you (Cleroth) to make it so that you can enter a number and having it automatically adjust. That way we don't have to spam clicking to test the different stat set ups. Perhaps this simulator on hb Nemesis's website can be implemented here? Just a thought.

Here's the link: http://www.helbreathnemesis.com/character-simulator.php

Re: Monsters Damage
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Mages have always kind of been much better at hunting, partly because some pits just have so many mobs which with AoE goes much faster than a single-target warrior.
The thing with demons is mostly to do with the elemental damage bonus. Since mostly all mages already have Blizz anyway... should just up the MA of Demons to compensate. There's a few other mobs which are a bit off of course (mostly the ones weak to Ice (Blizzard), Lightning (FoT), and, if you have ESW, Earth).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:18 pm 

Truf wrote:
So, I've been playing and testing HB olympia for a few days now, and I've noticed a few things that I'd like to bring to the community's attention. I also do understand that most of you have been playing here far longer than me, and may not find this to be an issue at all. If so, please bare with me and explain to me what I'm missing here. And of course, I am speaking from a solo play style on a warrior.

At level 140 max level, I've had a very difficult time fighting monsters such as Ogres, WWs, Ettins, Stalkers. To my knowledge and experience from playing HB at max level 180, a lot of the monsters were created to be suitable for a level 180 players stats. Meaning that the basic stats of a player is sustainable from the damage output from the monsters. What if we were to decrease the damage output by 25%, and increase their survivability of average monsters that normal players can handle solo by 30-40%? Helbreath when it comes to farming and leveling, most of the time you are playing solo. But at the current status of the game, it is highly unbalanced in my opinion. Then again, I do see the problem by changing this as well because people can just party up and farm much faster and easier. Perhaps we can solve that problem by scaling up monsters powers to match the number of players in a party?

Again, I'm new to this server and I've still learning a lot about how this server is operated, so please be so kind and fill me in.

Lastly, I have a request for the Character Stats Simulator in game. It is very frustrating to have to click every +/- to adjust the stats, I would love if you (Cleroth) to make it so that you can enter a number and having it automatically adjust. That way we don't have to spam clicking to test the different stat set ups. Perhaps this simulator on hb Nemesis's website can be implemented here? Just a thought.

Here's the link: http://www.helbreathnemesis.com/character-simulator.php

Hunting is a complete non-issue. Use your pots, use your HP Sets, DR Sets etc. Paralize larger or annoying mobs like Stalkers while you kill others. Its easy as hell to hunt on this server as a warrior. Probably just as easy as it is with mage, although you obviously kill some mobs faster as a mage than as a warrior. Plus, if you're low on pots, go spend sometime in a pit like Trolls or Zombie's and you'll fill up again in under 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:01 am 

What was the reason to making the Frost pit in IB like any other lower class mobs pit? Now that I understand that the mobs in Olympia basically have no MA/MR, therefore they are very easily killed by mages and kited. But what about warriors? I've gotten some new gear today from the help of fellow players and the GM Hecta, but I'm still having trouble farming at higher tier monster pits such as frosts. I mean sure, just kite them one by one but wouldn't you agree that we should have 2 pits one for mages and 1 for warriors like the original IB? Seems to me that Olympia is more focused on mages farming rather than solo warriors play.

Also, whats up with Ml, IB, Garden, SW these farming and leveling areas with such low mob density?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:19 am 

You know that it takes less than 5 min to make left frost pit on ib to a "1 frost pit". Also its easy to lure out all liches from toh 3 pit to farm on 1 liche. You just prove that ur too lazy or too dumb to play warrior. Server for mages u say ? Try to hunt gg demons or unis with mage without decent dmg/mp set .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:14 am 
Site Admin

You could tell him how you do that instead of insulting him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:30 pm 

I could but it will make those pits crowdy. You also could unban my IP and Sangreal forum account . It has been a year since i was banned for screaming for wipe.