All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Digg: blizzard towards the edge of the screen  Digg: blizzard towards the edge of the screen  Digg: blizzard towards the edge of the screen  Digg: blizzard towards the edge of the screen Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: blizzard towards the edge of the screen
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:24 pm 

Cleroth wrote:
Yup, but that still makes Blizzard the best spell to cast every 7 seconds in most situations.

And there is nothing wrong with that. How else do mages get distance on warriors that PFM? Let alone, warriors that spam crits, who we all know have way to high of a hitting probability?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:33 pm 

Hmm this whole topic seems to be a little funny - bliz was always(I can't remember such serv - i don't count these where ESW or other were commonly available) strong and most mages just spam this cast to get ek, and sure mages get their hs 1st(not only because it requires less ek but due to fact that at the begining wars don't have any sets mr/ma sets).
But lets not forget that in mass pvp all ppl if possible fight on amp - when you basically don't need to worry about any spells for 1 min - there is a reason you got amp and pfm and there is not any pa spells just once which adds you DR and are completely useless in mass pvp(I mean as an advantage not as one to prevent ppl from getting amp ;p). Bliz spam(and lets be hones wars also spam crits...) is a problem mostly at the beginining of serv where no one got any mr/ma sets but later its a whole different story - just look at top 100 ek and check top 10 - there are more warriors than mages... Later in mass pvp there was usually easier to kill mage than war - war got mr/ma sets + eme ring+ some neck(fot, and lucky once ip or ie) due to high dex war have nice dr, more hp. And lets not forget that mage can have wand with hp and if he is extremely lucky z wand(nice dmg but 0 hp...), kw or ESW and war got plenty of normal and rare weapons(2 z wands, 2 esw if I correctly remember and how many DS, BS, SoH, GBH, Klone and other weapons were...).
I'm not saying that later mage sucks but even if at start mage got advantage later its basically equal.
Oh and one more thing compare usefulness of war and mage HS and tell me that they are equal;p

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

The problem is twofold. Low-geared Mage vs Low-geared Warrior, the mage is greatly advantaged. Mid-geared mage vs mid-geared warrior, it's about equal. high-geared mage vs high-geared warrior, the warrior is in advantage.
However in the later stages it means that anyone that starts playing while there's a lot of high-geared mages out there, it means you're going to get instantly raped in any PvP, so you're really forced to only hunt. This is not so true of high-geared warriors.
Anyway, Blizzard and FoT get counteracted by the high MR/MA sets, in which case warriors have little else to do to beat those. All of this contributes to the 'all-or-nothing' design that is so omnipresent in Helbreath, to which I admit I'm not really very fond of. Is target AMP? Yes -> Nothing. No -> Full on insane damage. Does the target have a high set? Yes -> Nothing. No -> Mostly full damage. Xelima activation? Full health to nothing in a few hits.
To clarify, I've also said plenty of times in the past that the whole MR, DR, and MA system is pretty broken. And I think it's more broken than Blizzard. Nerfing Blizzard by itself wouldn't be a good idea, that's not what this is about. You've got to think about the whole.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:43 am 

Cleroth wrote:
The problem is twofold. Low-geared Mage vs Low-geared Warrior, the mage is greatly advantaged. Mid-geared mage vs mid-geared warrior, it's about equal. high-geared mage vs high-geared warrior, the warrior is in advantage.
However in the later stages it means that anyone that starts playing while there's a lot of high-geared mages out there, it means you're going to get instantly raped in any PvP, so you're really forced to only hunt. This is not so true of high-geared warriors.
Anyway, Blizzard and FoT get counteracted by the high MR/MA sets, in which case warriors have little else to do to beat those. All of this contributes to the 'all-or-nothing' design that is so omnipresent in Helbreath, to which I admit I'm not really very fond of. Is target AMP? Yes -> Nothing. No -> Full on insane damage. Does the target have a high set? Yes -> Nothing. No -> Mostly full damage. Xelima activation? Full health to nothing in a few hits.
To clarify, I've also said plenty of times in the past that the whole MR, DR, and MA system is pretty broken. And I think it's more broken than Blizzard. Nerfing Blizzard by itself wouldn't be a good idea, that's not what this is about. You've got to think about the whole.

Lets not forget PFM extra 22 stats in int and you have 50% damage reduction off higher int spells and 100% off lower int

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:26 am 

Cleroth wrote:

But this kinda invalidates everything you are saying, this isn't a 1v1 game. It never was designed to be that way.
Anyway, what gear or character builds did you have in mind for above?

The only "gear" I personally see a mage needing to survive is a decent mp set, some mana save helps lessen the mp set requirements and then just pots. I mean, you REALLY don't need anything else to play effectively, as long as your group can cover other needs for managing the fight to your advantage, and there's even less need for your own mp if your with more players.

I know I didn't include the bit you said in the quote about Xelima, but Xelima alone is the easiest thing in the world to deal with. If you die 1v1 with someone activating Xelima on you, you either didn't repot yourself recently or you need to learn how to use pots to begin with.

Cleroth, your players need you, you'r experience and skills exceeds completely our comprehension

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

thinkpad wrote:
Cleroth wrote:
Yes I know of this. Currently those line spells don't go 'all the way' when casting far away. Will fix it soon.

nonono!dont ''FIX'' it,it will be too sick for warriors,seriously!and make dirbows not hitting 2x on the last 2 squares!

The way that it was before meant that you would actually need to cast on top of the player to hit 3 times when too far away. This would be pretty counterintuitive.