All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

How much would you rate this idea?
***** (Great) 50%  50%  [ 22 ]
**** (Good) 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
*** (Neutral) 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
** (Bad) 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
* (Very bad) 18%  18%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 44

Re: Revamp NPCs and drops
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:25 pm 

While I'm at it, let me be an asshole to the end.

That PvP league is the next market system, which was anything but a success or a great addition to the game. Quite the contrary and not because of 'bugs', but because it robs people of the opportunity to trade as they are used to for decades utilizing trickery, lies, etc.

Fights in the open world are the most thrilling part of the game. Just look at the chat. Everybody spams about numbers, calls for back up, flames opponents, etc.

As for utilizing the environment, let me once again bring to your attention the example of that famous video, where crops were used to box an opponent. Now let me give you some more examples:
    using HC / Nizie pit in DC
    using Wyverns in IB/Infernia
    using clairvoyant HC on Abaddon

The list goes on and on. Demons at D4, beholders in TOH, HC in ML, ..., even mob in the freaking garden (orcs to unlize).

People have been doing that since day 1 on Helbreath. Female mages hide behind monsters to cast uninterrupted, but that's something you wanted to fix, right.

I don't mean to be rude, but it seems you are way over your head. People keep on suggesting stuff like HS changes, EK donations, new spells, skills revamp, gambling/lottery, scavenging, etc.
Yet most of the suggestions get turned down or ignored due to some twisted prioritization of great features such as "need/greed/pass" system, which never get implemented, or "market system fix" and "PvM revamp" that no one ever mentions or elaborates on.

Just look at this thread — how many topic relevant ideas do you see in here?

Yet again, what happened to GM-Artemis' suggestions about spells that would indeed enable players to utilize the environment to their advantage?

What's with the "broken" MR/DR?

What's with the new hotkeys?

What's with the macros?

I truly hope, you are just messing with everybody here, but judging by the Oly1 -> Oly2 transition — you aren't. This vision of yours to keep people in the dark and put trademarks on "soon" and "stuff", then throw in presumably misleading development indications is insane.

Oh and btw, monsters that use spells aren't attracted by a player anymore once pfm'ed. Frankly, this feature could be put to a great use, yet I've rarely seen anybody use it to his/her advantage.
Quite the contrary: "do not PFM, else they flee"
Trying to give you the very same advice here — don't do certain things, else people flee.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:26 am 

apt wrote:
While I'm at it, let me be an asshole to the end.

That PvP league is the next market system, which was anything but a success or a great addition to the game. Quite the contrary and not because of 'bugs', but because it robs people of the opportunity to trade as they are used to for decades utilizing trickery, lies, etc.

Fights in the open world are the most thrilling part of the game. Just look at the chat. Everybody spams about numbers, calls for back up, flames opponents, etc.

As for utilizing the environment, let me once again bring to your attention the example of that famous video, where crops were used to box an opponent. Now let me give you some more examples:

The list goes on and on. Demons at D4, beholders in TOH, HC in ML, ..., even mob in the freaking garden (orcs to unlize).

People have been doing that since day 1 on Helbreath. Female mages hide behind monsters to cast uninterrupted, but that's something you wanted to fix, right.

I don't mean to be rude, but it seems you are way over your head. People keep on suggesting stuff like HS changes, EK donations, new spells, skills revamp, gambling/lottery, scavenging, etc.
Yet most of the suggestions get turned down or ignored due to some twisted prioritization of great features such as "need/greed/pass" system, which never get implemented, or "market system fix" and "PvM revamp" that no one ever mentions or elaborates on.

Just look at this thread — how many topic relevant ideas do you see in here?

Yet again, what happened to GM-Artemis' suggestions about spells that would indeed enable players to utilize the environment to their advantage?

What's with the macros?

I truly hope, you are just messing with everybody here, but judging by the Oly1 -> Oly2 transition — you aren't. This vision of yours to keep people in the dark and put trademarks on "soon" and "stuff", then throw in presumably misleading development indications is insane.

Oh and btw, monsters that use spells aren't attracted by a player anymore once pfm'ed. Frankly, this feature could be put to a great use, yet I've rarely seen anybody use it to his/her advantage.
Quite the contrary: "do not PFM, else they flee"
Trying to give you the very same advice here — don't do certain things, else people flee.

word..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:44 am 
Site Admin

Guess you guys got it all figured out. When can we expect your server to launch?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:19 pm 

March 7th muhahahhaha :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:42 pm 

I'm happy you appreciate the care and respect it with curiosity. I'm afraid the launch will coincide with that of Lost Ark.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:56 pm 

:D :D :D :D :) :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:50 pm 

It seems other people have it all figured out as well.
Check this video titled "Why does no one understand what's important in an MMORPG anymore?"
(If you can stand that guy anyway)

You wont fail to notice three things he draws: Auction House, Bank, Queue button
These are respectively Market System, Warehouse, PvP League in the HB world, while the Mythic raiding is the weekly Abaddon run.

Now you may think that guy is onto something and him complaining about high drop rates and lack of 'play hours' is just what Olympia suffers from. But look at the end of the video. He's a quitter.

So I stand by what I said earlier — having no life over HB is number one reason for people to quit. Shocking, isn't it.
Then expansions (the so-called 'wipes') are yet another thing that drives people away.
Naive attempts to organize the game by introducing automated tournaments and auction houses are also driving people away.

Still, I can't wait to log on and leave a char AFK at the ant pit in order to train shield, then run the magic/MR macro, pay the unwearying miners some coins in exchange of materials and ultimately let a bot or two raise 100% manufacturing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

OK, I'll bite, for the very last time.

apt wrote:

I never claimed it would be a great addition to the game. It's meant to be a quality of life update, ie. it makes your life easier, but it doesn't really make the game more fun. It was also to help with new players, as well as make it easier to trade for less important items (like buying stuff for gold). The market is far from done. I'd say it's probably only like 60% done, with the most important thing missing being adding gold buyout, as well as offering gold as a trade offer.
    I don't understand how you think you can argue about the market's effect when it had a breaking bug which could make you lose your items. Obviously most people avoided using it due to the risk.

apt wrote:

It is what most people like the most, yes. But it's not what everyone wants.

apt wrote:

That's true, mobs are already used in some occasions, but I think they could be used even more. One thing to remember is that with the new PvM is that even thought the mobs would be stronger, the mobs would be more spread out.

apt wrote:
    Female mages hide behind monsters to cast uninterrupted, but that's something you wanted to fix, right.

I never said anything about hiding behind monsters. The main problem is with mana stones, which you can't destroy. It makes you able to hide for long periods of time.

apt wrote:

Where did you ever see me turn down any of those ideas? Where did you see me prioritize hte "need/greed/pass" system? Someone made a post about it, and I replied. I said if we ever had to get a system for picknig up drops, that would probably be the best. That doesn't mean I'm prioritizing it.
    As for the market fix, there's been loads of people asking me to fix it. Just because you don't hear them doesn't mean they don't exist.
    PvM — lots of people complain about the game becoming stale. PvM revamp is the first step towards making it less grinding, and more fun, with quests and achievements following it. A lot of people have asked to just do something different, make HB feel more refreshing. Again, just because you like the same old Helbreath with a few minor tweaks doesn't mean that's what everyone wants. You keep only seeing yourself and thinking your view is the only view. You argue about the 'relevant mentions' in this thread when yet, 64% of people here have agreed to the idea, while only 23% are against it.

apt wrote:

You're free to provide your solution to the problem. There's no real solution other than completely revamping it. But yes, maybe I should have completely revamped it long ago. However, people don't seem THAT unhappy with it, and I think there are other things that are more important.

apt wrote:

Dunno what you mean.

apt wrote:
    What's with the macros?

What's with world famine? It's impossible to provide 100% protection to macros. Some people do it at the driver level.

apt wrote:
    Then expansions (the so-called 'wipes') are yet another thing that drives people away.

Clearly. That's why every time I wipe, there's 400 people online. Who are you fooling here? Yourself? Back in Olympia 1, you said you wouldn't play anymore if I wiped. I did. You played Olympia 2. And here you are again, ready to play Olympia 3.

apt wrote:
    Naive attempts to organize the game by introducing automated tournaments and auction houses are also driving people away.

Find me one person that quite because I added the market system. Like... what the hell are you even saying here.
    You're also the first person that's ever mentioned disliking tournaments, or the PvP system. I guess maybe you're just too afraid of fighting evenly? Literally every person I talked to about PvP leagues has been really excited about it. People in Nemesis also loved tournaments.

apt wrote:

Let's analyze the situation here. Here's how Olympia gets updates: when I work on it. Pretty simple concept. There's no other way around it. So how do I work on it? When I have free time, and when my interest in working on it is greater than my interest on doing something else. The latter being very important. So here I am, clearly suggesting features that a large portion of the player base would directly appreciate, but also the other players would benefit from due to ME appreciating developing them, as well as playing the game.
    You want to know why I say 'soon' and then stuff never gets accomplished? It's because of people like you. Whenever I come back here to develop on a 18-year-old game, and tell the community about my efforts, people like you come and literally take a shit on my work and my excitement. How dare I make something on my server that I appreciate, right, after years and years of trying my best to please the community? I should only be working on boring crap like fixing MR/DR or macro usage, because YOU asked for it?
    So here's what you and other people here have accomplished. I no longer feel excited about working on Olympia. Congratulations. Now instead of sharing my excitement and 'useless' features, I will work in the dark, and not ask for the community's opinions, because that is tantamount to walking on fire. I know a lot of people will enjoy the work I do, either way.

So, since I've decided that I no longer will do this PvM revamp, and because I don't really care about your response, I'm locking this topic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10