All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How much would you rate this idea?
***** (Great) 50%  50%  [ 22 ]
**** (Good) 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
*** (Neutral) 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
** (Bad) 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
* (Very bad) 18%  18%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 44

Re: Revamp NPCs and drops
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:11 pm 

I played in Limitless on oly1 it was guild made from players from Poland (GA CD ) and argentinian players (rezpekts + oldies ) plus slowhit. As far as I remember we did pretty decent . We were only guild using GM tp on ml in raids ( Ninurta ).

I played oly2 to the end. Would still play if there were ppl and more hero to get from eks. Taking 5th or 6th cape isn't fun.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:15 pm 

Sangreal wrote:
I played in Limitless on oly1 it was guild made from players from Poland (GA CD ) and argentinian players (rezpekts + oldies ) plus slowhit. As far as I remember we did pretty decent . We were only guild using GM tp on ml in raids ( Ninurta ).

I played oly2 to the end. Would still play if there were ppl and more hero to get from eks. Taking 5th or 6th cape isn't fun.

Lol "and slowhit" I miss killing that guy. Oly 1 me and MaryJane were hunting river he was killing a ettin, he seen us and recalled instantly. So we killed that ettin droped a righ rep 6 bh first week of server lol.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:12 pm 

Maryjane and umadbro are my two best pvm players. They love being ganked more than others do <3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:08 am 

probably all loved Maryjane :D GANGNAM<-sweet crying in global;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:58 am 

My thoughts on the effects of "revamped NPC AI" back in 2014:

hunting becomes harder or respectively easier
    monsters become more or less annoying during PvP
    people come up with new ways to hunt efficiently (luring / blocking monsters, taking 0 damage)

Haven't changed my mind on this one; still believe the third item renders the PvM revamp an insignificant change, while faster / tougher monsters will worsen PvP and harder hunts will be simply a pain in the ass cause of multiple reasons.

One of the core skills in hack and slash games is skipping monsters — going for boss groups only, looking for map exits, escaping surrounds, etc. Try to make every monster relevant due to "unused content" and you will mess up the game for sure; period.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:36 am 

apt wrote:
My thoughts on the effects of "revamped NPC AI" back in 2014:

hunting becomes harder or respectively easier
    monsters become more or less annoying during PvP
    people come up with new ways to hunt efficiently (luring / blocking monsters, taking 0 damage)

Haven't changed my mind on this one; still believe the third item renders the PvM revamp an insignificant change, while faster / tougher monsters will worsen PvP and harder hunts will be simply a pain in the ass cause of multiple reasons.

One of the core skills in hack and slash games is skipping monsters — going for boss groups only, looking for map exits, escaping surrounds, etc. Try to make every monster relevant due to "unused content" and you will mess up the game for sure; period.

Quoted. I'll probably be the only one that agrees with you here.

Cleroth, your players need you, you'r experience and skills exceeds completely our comprehension

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:46 am 

i totally disagree id rather see it changed then fight retarded monsters we got now and making pvp more difficult would be more fun to me? i honestly wanna see advancements for HB and cleroth is one of the many few trying to advance helbreath :) so i say do it make the advancement hb needs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:07 am 

Richtofen wrote:
Quoted. I'll probably be the only one that agrees with you here.

I think all who vote for bad and very bad will agree:D

Lets see how that whole PvM revamp will work on beta - if it will be bad or most ppl wont like it I think there wont be any problem to come back to old system(imo any revamp will mostly benefit big guilds and experienced ppl who can adapt fast:D so I wont be suprised if lots of ppl who were for that change will suffer later:D).

When it comes to AI mobs in generall its only a minor setback till you learn the new tricks - if you want real challange go PvP thats where you got real Intelligent opponent - the core of HB is its PvP system when it comes to PvM there are lots of games who basically got only that...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:35 am 

By all means, try it, that's what a beta is for. You try things for months, not 1 week and then say, oh its tested, good to go....(you need to be truly willing to scrap things sometimes).

Colt, I dunno what those who voted a single word, "bad, very bad" even mean, its a non-response imo. But I would take word for word what apt said, which is why I posted as I did. Essentially, the opinion is, whatever is done, will be neat, but once its learned to work around it will either just be unimportant again or remain for the novelty while actually hurting other things in a bad way.

I can totally see it too, because frankly... there's still compete players who still can't even properly lure Tigerworms (maybe everyone just plays intoxicated? idk), the basic AI awhile back was slightly changed to make them harder to get stuck, it didn't do anything but really frustrate the whole process to just get it finally done. It hurt things more than anything, you just have lure farther and be annoyed longer, it doesn't help spread random mobs any better or anything.

Cleroth, your players need you, you'r experience and skills exceeds completely our comprehension

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:02 am 

Richtofen wrote:
But I would take word for word what apt said, which is why I posted as I did.

I know i also share your opinion but still lets w8 for the results of Cleroth work and then we will see;p

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next