All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops  Digg: Revamp NPCs and drops Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

How much would you rate this idea?
***** (Great) 50%  50%  [ 22 ]
**** (Good) 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
*** (Neutral) 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
** (Bad) 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
* (Very bad) 18%  18%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 44

Revamp NPCs and drops
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:58 am 
Site Admin

A long time ago right before the first Olympia was upped I was working on completely revamping NPCs, which included them having a much smarter AI, being faster and stronger, as well as having unique abilities. I didn't give much info at the time other than this video. This wasn't very well received and thus I reverted those changes and stopped the development of that idea. I realize now that it might have been a mistake and that the reason it wasn't very well received is due to my not having explained exactly what it was that I was doing. The video itself was only a very minor preview of what it entailed. Some mobs will be really good at chasing you beacuse they're fast, others will have other strengths. Because these mobs tend to be smarter and stronger, they will also need to be fewer of them. These means we'll have less of a need for pits, as roaming maps to kill roaming mobs or groups of mobs will yield the same or even better rewards.

This should give room to a lot of other interesting stuff, such as:
    A new summoner/taming class
    More satisfying and rewarding quests
    Better alchemy
    Better drop distribution
    New mobs
    PvM just requiring more skill overall

Since this is a lot of work, I need to know if the community really wants this before I begin. So what do you think? Would you enjoy a more diversified and enjoyable PvM experience?

Re: Revamp NPCs and drops
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:09 am 

What about exp wise? Will be players be getting roughly the same exp as in a pit?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:15 am 

Even u explain it i cant take a good idea on how it will look when done.i would like to give a try with a reduced numbers of mobs on beta, maybe just on 1 map to test it out, but seem like mages will suffer more from.mobs than wars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:57 am 

i like this idea, hunting could be fun for once :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Sonenclar wrote:
What about exp wise? Will be players be getting roughly the same exp as in a pit?

That's the goal, yes. Although, due to PvM being more interesting overall, I'd expect people might be more interesting in having a lower exp rate. It won't be so boring to get to max level.

Widah wrote:
seem like mages will suffer more from.mobs than wars

There will still clustered mobs and pits with which you can benefit from AoE damage. There's also elemental weaknesses.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:59 pm 

Let's unleash Cleroth's creativity loose on this one!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

campe wrote:
Let's unleash Cleroth's creativity loose on this one!

Yea, I've never been too much of a PvP guy, which is partly why it's harder for me to work and improve on those (that doesn't mean there won't be new PvP stuff though ;) ).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:12 pm 

+1 to this. The grind in a pit mindlessly is super boring. This could be extremely fun with low rates... give a whole new purpose to grinding.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:54 pm 

I think its the kind of freshness that Helbreath needs, with that and more pvp options i think we may see a better life span of the server.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:05 pm 

I know that it sounds good but i think that it need lots of testing and result could be different than most of ppl thinks:

-influance on pvp: mobs with speed and other abilities on maps such as ML it could make a great difference in mass pvp
-No matter how AI the mobs will be it will take a short time to learn how to kill them efficiently
-if para will work as it is now AI effect as speed etc will be often reduced to 0
-pits as IG or DE would need to be removed or amp/pfa need some changes against them
-ppl who like to play alone or simply dont have guild could have a big problem with pvm

And its just a quick response i'm sure there will be more of that so my suggestion is: if possible make 2-3 mobs as you describe and let ppl test it(1 thing is idea another reality) that way you will save time if idea won't be as promising as it seems.
I see that we got lots of new ideas which are often very bold, question is if that many changes will actually make game more attractive or just the opposite;p

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next