All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Digg: Food bag  Digg: Food bag  Digg: Food bag  Digg: Food bag Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Food bag
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:49 am 

Cleroth wrote:
Like I said, this is mainly a stepping stone for food-related stuff. Fishing definitely needs a rehaul.

Random and a little off-topic, but maybe you could allow fishing to generate items such as gems, much like mining does as well?

Also include a chance to get gold/silver nuggets or 'newer' nuggets which can be used for item upgrades such as making DR19 GEMS and make DR14 a cap with the normal crafting?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:47 pm 

Hi
I always take daemon and ogre meet with me. Its a life saver!
A separate food bag would be so cool, especially if it can be upgraded to more then five spots.

I say YES to food bag :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:47 am 

I really like the idea, an upgradeable food bag is interesting, maybe with exp, dmg effects on mobs, and a type of food that grants a berserk effect only in npc's.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:41 am 

What'd you think if we were to take foods out of the game entirely? I mean how many players agree that the fact that this game requires a player to eat food because the character actually gets hungry is ridiculous? I have no problem with monsters dropping their meat for boost HB regen, and alchemy ingredients. But having a such limited bag space and having to eat food every so often is just stupid imo lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:20 pm 

Who isn't lazy enough to post a reply... Removal of hunger status would make certain 1v1 go on forever. It will also make the development of bots a bit easier. I assume removal of hunger status doesn't imply also removal of create food spell, which would eliminate food games.
Let aside all that; hunger status is one of those things that forces people to leave their characters in a proper state. There's Spotlight for an instance, who always leaves his character afk with no pots, no zems and of course starving to death. Somebody logs that char, guildmates ask for back-up, Spotlight rushes into a fight in that state... The outcome is quite obvious.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

apt wrote:
Let aside all that; hunger status is one of those things that forces people to leave their characters in a proper state. There's Spotlight for an instance, who always leaves his character afk with no pots, no zems and of course starving to death. Somebody logs that char, guildmates ask for back-up, Spotlight rushes into a fight in that state... The outcome is quite obvious.

Thansk for the idea. That's actually a great way to troll someone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:47 pm 

Oh really?
Like leaving somebody out of mp and sp, starving to death in the middle of nowhere?
Wonder where Shiffty is right now, cause he was the one telling us how he's done that shit back in the day.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

apt wrote:
Oh really?
Like leaving somebody out of mp and sp, starving to death in the middle of nowhere?
Wonder where Shiffty is right now, cause he was the one telling us how he's done that shit back in the day.

If by middle of nowhere you mean in bisle, for sure. The only way out is to have someone bring you food, a recall scroll, or kill you.
Anyway... rather keep this topic about the food bag. I think hunger/food is one of the decent mechanics in HB that also has the potential of becoming better, so removing it would be bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:36 pm 

I sort of dislike the idea of the food bag, cause it's all about more room for pots, I guess. In case somebody has no room for pots, that means that somebody has many items. Then if that somebody has many items, that means pots aren't truly necessary, else items are crap and the inventory has to be revised.

With the food bag in game people will go for both pots and food, thus you once again eliminate their choices between going for either food or pots. Food grants higher, but also slower regens than pots, so one has to be very confident in one's skills to go for more food than pots (being able to avoid shock damage for instance).

Maybe I'm just no fan of the very long duels. Food bag + max weight manu sets and 0 pots = parody.
So in case you introduce the food bag, make sure people aren't able to carry around that many manu sets, which is hard enough, since in a mage vs warr for example the warr might bring 3+ manu mr38 set. If you limit the amount of sets by setting their weight higher — one wouldn't be able to carry say dr, mr and hp. Limiting the amount of manu sets in bag by type will cause trouble with trading... There's no solution here.

Question is, do you want to go down that road; after the food bag — a pot belt similar to Diablo might be requested; then a squire to carry around those extra weapons and so on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:36 pm 
apt wrote:
Oh really?

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA THATS FUCKING HALARIOUS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love you Jerri your a Brother !!! :P :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next