All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Digg: Heldenian - Battlefield  Digg: Heldenian - Battlefield  Digg: Heldenian - Battlefield  Digg: Heldenian - Battlefield Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Heldenian - Battlefield
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:49 pm 

DTS and CTR are fun but ppl made mass lame ek events from them. Like making naked chars participating . So cinderella idea to make 2x15 min event sucks. I would set a time limit to DTS.
If any town cant destroy other town shield in 15 min - event ends with draw. Fair and square .

Those event should bring some revenues to victorious city . Not hero sets to spammers . So the best idea , delete posibility to get ek on dts ctr held , maybe sade. Make prizes so important that other city can not afford to lose . Like victory - drop x2 lose - drop /4 till next event. Disabling enabling teleports from ctr was fine.

If you dont want ppl to get bored after making hs in few weeks , just make it harder for them to get 1
Another idea. - You can get only 2 eks from 1 character per 24 hours , next ek wont count but the person u kill will get -3 reps ( just suggestion ).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:14 am 

I'm not sure disabling the eks during those events will be a good idea, a lot of ppl dont play it, but forcing a char to stay at city for 5 mins if he dies too many times in a row will certainly help to prevent lame eks within those events

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 pm 

So, here are some of the points that needs to be discussed for its further development:

- Add a teleporting limitation?
* No.
* Wait x secconds after death.
* Limited times of teleport.

- During the first five minutes of its activation:
- Attack, placing flags and units creation will be disabled.
* Let the players go through the battlefield bridge?

- Event time:
* From 60-90 mins.
* Generated depending on the quantity of participants.

- Summon points:
- Give points at start? If so, what will depend on the quantity?
- Who can summon creatures?
- You need to be on a guild in order to use them?
- Start with low/zero amount of points and increase them according on participation?
- Will there be a way to increase those points while playing?
- Limit of points?
- Set GUID so they can't be used on next events?

* Reward:
- Experience:
* Static value.
* (Wining or not)Depending on participation (Killed towers, flags placement, killed players, killed units).

- Map entrance:
* Add a teleporting limitation.
* Decrease / Disable monsters respawn.

- Others:
* Contribution.
* Event tokens.
* Shop price increase/decrease.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:48 pm 

* No.
* Wait x secconds after death. -- Multiple deaths, like 2 - 3 within 4 - 10 mins.

- Attack, placing flags and units creation will be disabled. -- Yes, but i think you could create units, doesn't seem like it matters...

* Let the players go through the battlefield bridge? -- You should be able to cross the bridge but its pointless unless you can sneak enough that you don't get easily picked off buy the towers , (towers shoot in the wait time from what i remember) or people. Some might get by but if you don't have a big enough group the towers can mess you up fast. People try it and it can work just depends.

- Event time:
* From 60-90 mins.
* Generated depending on the quantity of participants. -- Would be nice if it was based on more than just this... There has been some capture the relic where we were about to win but the timer went off and it ended in tie instead of a win or loss instead of a tie.

- Summon points:
- Give points at start? If so, what will depend on the quantity? -- This shouldn't really need changed from what it was, it was never really a problem they way it was as i remember. Someone else might have a better argument one way or the other..

- Who can summon creatures? -- I believe there was a level limit for this. Like 180, or in this case 140.

- You need to be on a guild in order to use them? -- Nope.

- Start with low/zero amount of points and increase them according on participation? -- Could be cool. Not sure atm what it would be set too.

- Will there be a way to increase those points while playing? -- Could be a cool idea. From what i remember you could get like 4 or so archers and had some points left over. Can't remember the amounts though sorry.

- Limit of points? -- Yes if you do the change from the original setup.
- Set GUID so they can't be used on next events? -- With the changes it might be good to do, but i don't see a real problem with saving the tickets.

* Reward:
- Experience:
* Static value. -- I like this set up. The team with more active players still technically receives more exp so its like winning for your whole town, by being there.

* (Wining or not)Depending on participation (Killed towers, flags placement, killed players, killed units). -- I think either of these are very good ideas personally. But i think this could be hard to do fairly because someone might just get a lot more last hits and aren't really helping... so on and so forth...

- Map entrance:
* Add a teleporting limitation. -- I really don't know what to do about this, there is some posts above this post that talk about this... I also posted about this already.
* Decrease / Disable monsters respawn. -- "

- Others:
* Contribution. -- Could work the participation into this..
* Event tokens. -- I think this is better left for GM held events. . .
* Shop price increase/decrease. -- If this isn't already utilized with Sade or something then for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 am 

Zion wrote:
* No.
* Wait x secconds after death. -- Multiple deaths, like 2 - 3 within 4 - 10 mins.

- Attack, placing flags and units creation will be disabled. -- Yes, but i think you could create units, doesn't seem like it matters...

* Let the players go through the battlefield bridge? -- You should be able to cross the bridge but its pointless unless you can sneak enough that you don't get easily picked off buy the towers , (towers shoot in the wait time from what i remember) or people. Some might get by but if you don't have a big enough group the towers can mess you up fast. People try it and it can work just depends.

- Event time:
* From 60-90 mins.
* Generated depending on the quantity of participants. -- Would be nice if it was based on more than just this... There has been some capture the relic where we were about to win but the timer went off and it ended in tie instead of a win or loss instead of a tie.

- Summon points:
- Give points at start? If so, what will depend on the quantity? -- This shouldn't really need changed from what it was, it was never really a problem they way it was as i remember. Someone else might have a better argument one way or the other..

- Who can summon creatures? -- I believe there was a level limit for this. Like 180, or in this case 140.

- You need to be on a guild in order to use them? -- Nope.

- Start with low/zero amount of points and increase them according on participation? -- Could be cool. Not sure atm what it would be set too.

- Will there be a way to increase those points while playing? -- Could be a cool idea. From what i remember you could get like 4 or so archers and had some points left over. Can't remember the amounts though sorry.

- Limit of points? -- Yes if you do the change from the original setup.
- Set GUID so they can't be used on next events? -- With the changes it might be good to do, but i don't see a real problem with saving the tickets.

* Reward:
- Experience:
* Static value. -- I like this set up. The team with more active players still technically receives more exp so its like winning for your whole town, by being there.

* (Wining or not)Depending on participation (Killed towers, flags placement, killed players, killed units). -- I think either of these are very good ideas personally. But i think this could be hard to do fairly because someone might just get a lot more last hits and aren't really helping... so on and so forth...

- Map entrance:
* Add a teleporting limitation. -- I really don't know what to do about this, there is some posts above this post that talk about this... I also posted about this already.
* Decrease / Disable monsters respawn. -- "

- Others:
* Contribution. -- Could work the participation into this..
* Event tokens. -- I think this is better left for GM held events. . .
* Shop price increase/decrease. -- If this isn't already utilized with Sade or something then for sure.

I actually think a limited number of teleports per player is actually a better idea. For the fact that a town can hope to eliminate some potentially threatening characters from the event by repeatedly killing them, thus increasing their chance to win. Maybe like 5 teleports allowed per character or even IP? And those teleports only decrease if you DIE not if you recall or anything of that sort.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:53 am 

Restricting access to an Event based on deaths is absurd. Events will end a hell of alot faster and the many players who typically die more often than kill will end up being blocked from playing completely. You can't really put a number on the collective skill or non-skill that's acceptable to determine if someone is laming eks.

I get that people feel the Kloness God calling you to stop the cheating that happens from time to time but if you would just make it inconvenient and not worth the effort to supply laming characters over just playing normally you'd stop it. Limiting how many eks you can obtain off the same character in a specific timeframe would go a long way of putting the burden on the lamer to stop actually enjoying the game and instead running useless characters just to die somewhere.

Whatever choice is made, you are still limited in control over it by the fact that leveling a character to the appropriate level is childs play. We're talking about a few hours per kill toy.

Cleroth, your players need you, you'r experience and skills exceeds completely our comprehension

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:38 pm 

Add a teleporting limitation?
-Limited times of teleport. (stop lame eks in events)

During the first five minutes of its activation
-Attack, placing flags and units creation will be disabled.

Event time
-60 mins

Summon points
-points at start and only one for IP number(Limit of points)
-You need to be on a guild
-NO use for next events

Reward
-Experience

Map entrance
-teleport for 24h and some protection between relog to winer city

Others
-Contribution

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:56 pm 

Main problem with events in general seems to be reasonable prizes which won’t give to big advantage to winner city and at the same time good enough to encourage whole city to cooperate instead of chasing single eks – lets be honest if you need ek you aim for no item players who are usually easy to kill especially with dmg bonus.
In my opinion the whole idea of these events is to improve fighting skills in mass ppl action with some tactical issues for each event and of course a lot of fun without threat of losing item – especially for new and no items chars.
The main problem are eks – with no ek in events(now events are basically mass ek factory-HS is always a goal so making it a little bit harder to get seems like a good idea) every one will concentrate on event itself and there won’t be problems such as tp restrictions, lame chars, aiming all the time same weak chars etc. With such improvement all we need is some goal which will encourage players to participate(except of having fun with whole city concentrate on one goal ;p). My idea is to swap from prizes like drop bonus and bf which basically usually improve already stronger city and replace it with city points system – winning in each event will be awarded with points (e.g. sade 2 points, dts 1 point etc) which will resulted in week prize like additional 2 day ride time(for winner city of course;p), tp to d4 in ch or “sanctuary”(during raid time church become opposite city safe house to which you can enter if you don’t get hit for 10-20 sek and in which you can use shop and bs keeper but for 15-20* money rate – just an idea ;p) – these are just examples but idea is to offer opportunities for ek or saving time instead of boosting % chances of drop or hunt opportunities – there’s lots of places to hunt and get items. In addition to weekly bonus points will be used for other prizes – e.g. for 20 points city get event in which prize are 5 black dyes which affect every armor - hero, manu and vortex also – nice look with addition of disguise ;p which should be a nice tidbit especially for experienced and well equipped players, or 30 points for BF for 24h etc. Of course again its just an example and prizes for bigger amount of city points can be different – but the main idea is that every event will count to get to some goal – prize should be tempting but not overwhelming for another city – thanks to that even if weekly prize is lost there’s still another one to fight for.
It’s just a simple suggestion to approach whole event idea from a different angle – as a whole system of separate events which are connected to achieve some bigger goal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:16 am 
Potentially a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

People mainly go to events because they can get EKs, some people only even get EKs during events. Remove that and you're probably at least halving the population of those events.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next