All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Digg: Heldenian - Battlefield  Digg: Heldenian - Battlefield  Digg: Heldenian - Battlefield  Digg: Heldenian - Battlefield Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Heldenian - Battlefield
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:56 pm 

Hello, everyone. We have been developing Heldenian, and though much has been coded already, we have realized there is a lot of debate regarding the Heldenian's mechanics. Thus, before it actually gets implemented live we would like some feedback on what we think Heldenian should be and what you think could be done to improve it.

There are two types of Heldenian events: Battlefield and Castle Siege. This post only addresses the former (Battlefield). We shall post about Castle Siege at a later date.
The Defense the Shield events will be removed in favour of the Heldenian events.

Battlefield start:
- Attacking is disabled for the first 5 minutes. Planting flags is disabled so as to enable the use of summon tickets.
- All mobs present in the Battlefield are killed when the event starts, and won't respawn while the event is on.
- Players receive their summon points in order to purchase war units at the Command Hall.

War Units:
- The summon tickets can only be used on the current event.
- All players get 10000 points, plus 100 points for peach point of Charisma. Basing this on Charisma means people can make passive "Charisma mules" in order to get more war units. We are thinking of changing this so that points are acquired through actively participating in the event instead, which solves both the issue of charisma mules as well as preventing the event from stagnating after all war units have died and flags planted.

Flags:
- Purchased at the Command Hall.
- The flags can be placed in any movable part of the map. You cannot place flags next to each other.
- If you take a flag and you don't use it, you can use it for a next event.
- Each flag you plant will increases a the Flag Point by 1 to each tile around it (23x19 range, roughly equal to the size of the game screen). If your town has more Flag Points in a particular tile than the opposite town, players that are on that tile will have their damage increased by 30%.

Example of flag with a theoretical 7x7 range:
Tiles with red circles represent tiles in which Aresden will have the 30% damage bonus, and blue circles for Elvine bonus. Tiles with grey circles represent tiles which have no bonus for either side.

Winning objectives:
- The first nation to destroy the opposite nation's towers wins.

If, after 90 minutes, neither nation has destroyed all of the opposite nation's towers, the winning nation is determined by the following conditions, in order of priority:
- The nation with the most towers wins.
- If both nations have the same amount of towers, the nation with the most planted flags wins
- If both nations have the same amount of flags, the nation that killed the first tower wins
- If no tower was destroyed during the event, it ends in a draw

Prize:
- The winning nation has access to Battlefield and its many mobs after the event, as well as bonus experience awarded at the end of the event.

Re: Battlefield
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:26 pm 

If I may suggest.
I ve already played at server with Heldenian (which by far is best of events) and very importent thing is to determine for how long winning city would have access to Battlefield. At mantioned server eventually it end up 24h access (starting from access till next Held), cause longer resulted: Winning city were hunting ALL the time and got snowballed then winning almost every event. Eventaully losing city made characters in other town and kept hunting to get items. It wouldn t be so bad if 24h had been from start, however beginings are always full of suprises.

As I mentiond - Held is best even in HB, but the access time MUST be set well at the begining to prevent snowballing winning town after 1st victory. (I remember that after 1 win, the town got 2 mer shields or so during 1 week access and everybody started whining about wipe).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:51 pm 

The flag idea sounds fun, although it's very hard to properly picture the dynamics without actually testing it in game. I'm excited to see it happen.

- I agree with Shiny's post about the access to BF needing to be quite limited.
- I also agree with the idea of not letting charisma affect the number of summon points you get. Charisma mules are just stupid.
- On the subject of rewards: I think you should also let BF decide the "drop rate increase" bonus from DTS, or maybe assign it to crusades instead (since people never try to win crusades seriously, when they could be much more fun if not spent in Ares city for two hours while no one bothers with ML). I know the drop rate increase is probably ridiculously low, but that hardly matters - people still love winning DTS just for the sound of it, and HB drops remain such a bitch that a drop rate increase will always be the one reward everyone will fight hard for.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:27 am 
Site Admin

I think those flag mechanics have always been there, but being rather complex to understand without a proper explanation, players may not have ever been able to notice the way it works. Of course, I might be wrong, since I have no way of verifying if they did work that way.

Re: Heldenian - Battlefield
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:08 pm 

I have played Heldenian too, but i want to knowl will the flags cost 10 eks in this server too?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:01 am 

Good to hear about helde getting into game again, but why remove DTS? I think the more different events more fun it is... and I like DTS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:28 am 

i seem to remember the flags being able to be placed right next to each other, so that you could almost completely cancel them out, and block off stuff, was the not placing them next to each other a change or something? if its open then i think it would be nice not to be able to stack them next to each other.

i remember they weren't very popular because of that reason, that and people were cheap in low rate servers. looks right though nice shit right here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

CindarellaMan wrote:
Good to hear about helde getting into game again, but why remove DTS? I think the more different events more fun it is... and I like DTS

DTS is really very similar to CTR, except shorter and with less objectives/strategy involved. DTS could be improved, but honestly it would need a lot of changes to distinguish itself from CTR. DTS duration is even shorter with a larger amount of people. This specially didn't feel right with the helpful DTS reward. Hence, for now, DTS will be removed. We are also working on new types of events which distinguish themselves from everything else.

Zion wrote:
i seem to remember the flags being able to be placed right next to each other, so that you could almost completely cancel them out, and block off stuff, was the not placing them next to each other a change or something? if its open then i think it would be nice not to be able to stack them next to each other.

i remember they weren't very popular because of that reason, that and people were cheap in low rate servers. looks right though nice shit right here!

Yes, you could originally place flags next to each other. This resulted in being able to block the bridge fairly easily. I doubt this was their original intention and I think they should really be used more like a way to take over an area of the map and advance into the enemy's territory than to act as a wall.
Since the flag range is rather wide, two opposite flags placed next to each other (with 1 tile between them), should still mostly (85%? I dunno) each other. Place yet another flag and you now mostly have ownership of that area.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 pm 

Cleroth wrote:
Yes, you could originally place flags next to each other. This resulted in being able to block the bridge fairly easily. I doubt this was their original intention and I think they should really be used more like a way to take over an area of the map and advance into the enemy's territory than to act as a wall.
Since the flag range is rather wide, two opposite flags placed next to each other (with 1 tile between them), should still mostly (85%? I dunno) each other. Place yet another flag and you now mostly have ownership of that area.

Yea the flags were really pointless the way it used to be. it would be nice to have some space to keep them useful for an advance as you mentioned, phil and I were talking about the same thing.

the old way you basically had to hope you had more flags to place than the enemy. or it was almost pointless. like the picture shows you would have like one row in a screen that would have a bonus. this compacted with low rate server and people being greedy they were widely unused :d i even remember helds where we had broke through the bridges and no one had even grabbed a flag.... i think this post will help that too just itself because people now can see the mechanics of the flags and know they have a use outside of placing in the win spot.

edited ps... Shining force 2 rulez :D Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:47 pm 

my suggestion:

2 deads=close TP for player - in events some people give to much eks...
random TP to heldenian(battlefield) - no box
win- only 24h open TP to BF or not resping mobs