All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Digg: Event Tokens system  Digg: Event Tokens system  Digg: Event Tokens system  Digg: Event Tokens system Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view

Event Tokens system
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:03 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2773
In the next update (5.2) we will be introducing a new token system. Event Tokens (ETs) will be rewarded to event winners (mostly GM-hosted events). Players will then be able to trade these tokens with other players, or exchange them at the City Hall for other rewards. The amount of ETs rewarded will vary (usually between 5-15). The following is a good example of a 3-prizes event:
    1st prize: 10 ETs
    2nd prize: 6 ETs
    3rd prize: 3 ETs

Right now we're still debating upon which rewards to provide at City Hall, but the following is a list of possible rewards (reply to this thread to give us your opinion on these, or if you think anything can be added):

Event TokensReward
33 Reputation points
6Mithral
6Diamond
6Stone of Xelima
9Stone of Merien
10Zemstone of Cancel
1520 Reputation points
153 x Stone of Xelima
173 x Mithral
173 x Diamond
203 x Stone of Merien
2535 Reputation points
30Dye (Crimson Red / Gold / Black / Pink)
50Dye (Ethereal)
65Fragile* Sword of Thirst
75Fragile Sword of Heavens
85Fragile Demon Slayer
90Fragile Kloness Wand (MS20)
95Fragile Merien Plate Mail
100Fragile Merien Shield
100ESW Charge Wand
100Cancel Charge Wand
110Fragile Kloness Esterk
130Fragile Giant Battle Hammer
150Fragile Sword of Ice Elemental
160Fragile Berserk Wand (MS20)
170Fragile Kloness Blade
180Fragile Stormbringer
200Fragile Xelima Rapier
220Fragile Kloness Axe
240Fragile Xelima Axe
260Fragile Xelima Sword
300Fragile Sword of Medusa
300Fragile The Devastator


* Fragile weapons disappear after a certain amount of time, and have a limited amount of activations. Most items on this list should have a duration of 14 days, except maybe the Medusa sword which will be 7 days.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:15 am
Posts: 108
Very nice, could things like "unique" gems be added to the prize list? For example a mr22 gem as prize?
Would also be cool to somehow put more emphasis on Cancel Zems, they seem to be around but I feel their potential could be exploited a little more.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:05 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2773
PIJAMA wrote:
Very nice, could things like "unique" gems be added to the prize list? For example a mr22 gem as prize?
Would also be cool to somehow put more emphasis on Cancel Zems, they seem to be around but I feel their potential could be exploited a little more.

I think unique things could be added to it, but stronger gems aren't a very good idea I think. For one, they would kind of screw up the socketed manu armor even more (which are still hard to balance). I think I might still have to nerf the sockets on manu armor, in some way or another.
Special zems are a good idea. I'll put them in.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2773
I've updated the list with Fragile items and other things.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:37 am
Posts: 369
Location: France
Well, you updating the post with fragile items has already answered a lot of the questions I was about to ask. A few remaining things, then:

- All of this seems a bit too expensive to me. I don't know how many GMs will be around, but even with quite a few, you cannot expect them to organize events all the time. The prizes here are all small, temporary or decorative, so I think they ought to be easily attainable too. As such:
* the items that are not temporary rares need to be fairly lower, because they are much less attractive than temporary rares and I feel that people would only save up for the latter with the current numbers;
* temporary rares could use a decrease too (not as big as for the rest), because it makes little sense to wait for three months (I don't think anyone could win every single event) to get to use one rare for two weeks. We need some more "immediate" fun, since we all know things are sorta boring right now.

- I think the Ethereal Dye should be put to rest and left as a special Halloween item. On the other hand, if one new color could be implemented into the game (orange????) and turned into the most expensive dye, that'd be cooler because the event winners would stand out more. Dunno how feasible that'd be.

- You left out KB, DS and Deva. :[

I'll give the relative ranking of rares a bit more thought later, as well as the distribution of ETs in general. But I'm overall pretty damn excited for this!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2773
I do think the prices could be a little high, but honestly it is a bit hard to get a good figure on it. There's at least two active GMs which will be doing events, so I'm planning on having around 10-15 events every week (even if some of those are just small events, you can still earn some ETs). You have a point about the permanent items, however, there's also the fact that the temporary rares can be shared, which means that guilds will basically gather all their ETs to get a highly-priced item, then share it.
But yea, it's still just a rough figures and I'll adjust it again soon (I'll also include the DS,KB,Deva).

As for the ethereal dye, it could indeed be replaced by another special dye (with a slightly higher price). I basically just put it there because it already exists, and adding a new dye adds a tiny bit more work to this 5.2 update. I'll see if I can squeeze some time in to make an orange dye.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 138
Cleroth wrote:
I do think the prices could be a little high, but honestly it is a bit hard to get a good figure on it. There's at least two active GMs which will be doing events, so I'm planning on having around 10-15 events every week (even if some of those are just small events, you can still earn some ETs). You have a point about the permanent items, however, there's also the fact that the temporary rares can be shared, which means that guilds will basically gather all their ETs to get a highly-priced item, then share it.
But yea, it's still just a rough figures and I'll adjust it again soon (I'll also include the DS,KB,Deva).

As for the ethereal dye, it could indeed be replaced by another special dye (with a slightly higher price). I basically just put it there because it already exists, and adding a new dye adds a tiny bit more work to this 5.2 update. I'll see if I can squeeze some time in to make an orange dye.

Ew orange :? :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:12 pm
Posts: 215
Viva la revulosion... if it will be like u say maybe server gonna be fun..
when its gonna happen exacly cleroth?


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 pm
Posts: 92
Hello, im NoC, good idea Cleroth.

You can also add events as the last man standing, all vs all. In your previous server had these events, and for me were the most fun.

Greetings all.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2773
Qko wrote:
Hello, im NoC, good idea Cleroth.

You can also add events as the last man standing, all vs all. In your previous server had these events, and for me were the most fun.

Greetings all.

We're planning on doing those.
There'll also probably be daily and weekly scavenger hunts (automated), if I got time for it.
I'm hoping to release this 5.2 update in the next few days.
As for the 6.0 update, it'll be at least a month or so before it's here, depending on how it goes.

Forbidden wrote:
Ew orange :? :mrgreen:

Not exactly 'neon' orange. It should be 'subtle' (not too saturated).


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




All times are UTC - It is currently Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Liquid Black Designed By Andrew / Powered by phpBB © 2008 phpBB Group