All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead? Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view

Re: server going to dead?
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 48
It's start making like in the previous Olympia - server is up and no updates/upgrades. People are left for themselves and GMTeam do nothing to change it.

I know that we have a huge problem with balance between players from elvine and aresden and first things first. But Cleroth I think You should make a lots of small modifications/updates/upgrades because it's look like: "Server live with own life but I have money".

I think server still need some "freshkick" like new weapons, new spells, graphic addons etc.
Something like: Range Heal, Mass Armor Break, Hell Fire.
No needed new classes or something which change all game system.
I understand that coding is very hard and time-consuming but we need something new, something fresh which makes Olympia better and oryginal server.

Maybe add some new mobs like Dragons or something that just refresh game (I'm not talking about new sprites only to recolor some mobs and get them new drops). Few new pits like rudolphs on IB / ML , some pits in D3 maybe ogre, cyclops etc.
I don't know maybe new gems for weapons, if we have vortex gem for armors (even if we already have manu items) so why not, why we can't have vortex gem to weapons too?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Posts: 357
New weapons / spells dont make ppl come back -.- Its all about balance and numbers of events. Unable to get items for tokens now because there is no events like LMS/ Team vs Team.

_________________
Image :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2905
Nothing makes people come back, other than a wipe.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:45 pm
Posts: 8
I personally think we need more active gms and events. Ppl get bored of hunting 24/7.

Helbreath will never be balanced. On the Korean server they just don't whine they just get on with it. Don't like getting killed all the time at river? Go hunt somewhere else.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:24 am
Posts: 56
TweedleDUM wrote:
I personally think we need more active gms and events. Ppl get bored of hunting 24/7.

Helbreath will never be balanced. On the Korean server they just don't whine they just get on with it. Don't like getting killed all the time at river? Go hunt somewhere else.


This.

It puzzles me that a server with a community of this size has no regular GM activity hosting things like summon events, arena events, similarly that a server with the coding ability like this hasn't got automated events, it feels very much like: "here you go, entertain yourselves."

People do get bored of hunting every day, and I can't make the events that do get ran due to work commitments/time zone issues (bar the sunday side.) It's almost like tons of effort went into shipping the server and less effort is being put in to the community.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:01 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2905
ftw wrote:
TweedleDUM wrote:
I personally think we need more active gms and events. Ppl get bored of hunting 24/7.

Helbreath will never be balanced. On the Korean server they just don't whine they just get on with it. Don't like getting killed all the time at river? Go hunt somewhere else.


This.

It puzzles me that a server with a community of this size has no regular GM activity hosting things like summon events, arena events, similarly that a server with the coding ability like this hasn't got automated events, it feels very much like: "here you go, entertain yourselves."

People do get bored of hunting every day, and I can't make the events that do get ran due to work commitments/time zone issues (bar the sunday side.) It's almost like tons of effort went into shipping the server and less effort is being put in to the community.

You know why? Because that's what the community has devolved into. How can I get any GMs online? There's no one worthy of being a GM. Don't you think I tried? I'll put a GM, you'll get some events, then you'll complain that they're abusing their power (which they probbaly did), or that they banned you because you broke the rules.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:24 am
Posts: 2
so, you (cleroth) do something ? or let it be ?


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 296
So GM Attila was fired ? He Made 2 events and we havent seen him for 3-4 days , no events. I didnt see any mistakes during those events from his side.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:19 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2905
Sangreal wrote:
So GM Attila was fired ? He Made 2 events and we havent seen him for 3-4 days , no events. I didnt see any mistakes during those events from his side.

He wasn't. I think he's busy with other stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:24 am
Posts: 56
Cleroth wrote:
ftw wrote:
TweedleDUM wrote:
I personally think we need more active gms and events. Ppl get bored of hunting 24/7.

Helbreath will never be balanced. On the Korean server they just don't whine they just get on with it. Don't like getting killed all the time at river? Go hunt somewhere else.


This.

It puzzles me that a server with a community of this size has no regular GM activity hosting things like summon events, arena events, similarly that a server with the coding ability like this hasn't got automated events, it feels very much like: "here you go, entertain yourselves."

People do get bored of hunting every day, and I can't make the events that do get ran due to work commitments/time zone issues (bar the sunday side.) It's almost like tons of effort went into shipping the server and less effort is being put in to the community.

You know why? Because that's what the community has devolved into. How can I get any GMs online? There's no one worthy of being a GM. Don't you think I tried? I'll put a GM, you'll get some events, then you'll complain that they're abusing their power (which they probbaly did), or that they banned you because you broke the rules.


Alright mate easy, I'm just trying to help the longevity of a server I enjoy playing with constructive feedback, no need to be so hostile.

Sounds like you've lost all faith in the community which isn't a good thing :/

Maybe you need to stop trying to please the moaners and just stick to the helpful comments.

Make a small survey and vet people for GMS - limit their power so they can't abuse. Perhaps they can be "community wardens" instead of GMS being the layer between the players and yourself. Taking info, considering it and passing the relevant info to you if it needs dealing with.

You can have events without mass prizes so they can hold events and give out event tokens - just need to be careful and watch that they don't abuse that power, a simple log scraper colud help with that.


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




All times are UTC - It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Liquid Black Designed By Andrew / Powered by phpBB © 2008 phpBB Group