All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead? Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:19 am 

It's start making like in the previous Olympia - server is up and no updates/upgrades. People are left for themselves and GMTeam do nothing to change it.

I know that we have a huge problem with balance between players from elvine and aresden and first things first. But Cleroth I think You should make a lots of small modifications/updates/upgrades because it's look like: "Server live with own life but I have money".

I think server still need some "freshkick" like new weapons, new spells, graphic addons etc.
Something like: Range Heal, Mass Armor Break, Hell Fire.
No needed new classes or something which change all game system.
I understand that coding is very hard and time-consuming but we need something new, something fresh which makes Olympia better and oryginal server.

Maybe add some new mobs like Dragons or something that just refresh game (I'm not talking about new sprites only to recolor some mobs and get them new drops). Few new pits like rudolphs on IB / ML , some pits in D3 maybe ogre, cyclops etc.
I don't know maybe new gems for weapons, if we have vortex gem for armors (even if we already have manu items) so why not, why we can't have vortex gem to weapons too?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:56 pm 

New weapons / spells dont make ppl come back -.- Its all about balance and numbers of events. Unable to get items for tokens now because there is no events like LMS/ Team vs Team.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

Nothing makes people come back, other than a wipe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:05 pm 

I personally think we need more active gms and events. Ppl get bored of hunting 24/7.

Helbreath will never be balanced. On the Korean server they just don't whine they just get on with it. Don't like getting killed all the time at river? Go hunt somewhere else.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:02 pm 

TweedleDUM wrote:
I personally think we need more active gms and events. Ppl get bored of hunting 24/7.

Helbreath will never be balanced. On the Korean server they just don't whine they just get on with it. Don't like getting killed all the time at river? Go hunt somewhere else.

This.

It puzzles me that a server with a community of this size has no regular GM activity hosting things like summon events, arena events, similarly that a server with the coding ability like this hasn't got automated events, it feels very much like: "here you go, entertain yourselves."

People do get bored of hunting every day, and I can't make the events that do get ran due to work commitments/time zone issues (bar the sunday side.) It's almost like tons of effort went into shipping the server and less effort is being put in to the community.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:01 am 
Site Admin

ftw wrote:
TweedleDUM wrote:

This.

It puzzles me that a server with a community of this size has no regular GM activity hosting things like summon events, arena events, similarly that a server with the coding ability like this hasn't got automated events, it feels very much like: "here you go, entertain yourselves."

People do get bored of hunting every day, and I can't make the events that do get ran due to work commitments/time zone issues (bar the sunday side.) It's almost like tons of effort went into shipping the server and less effort is being put in to the community.

You know why? Because that's what the community has devolved into. How can I get any GMs online? There's no one worthy of being a GM. Don't you think I tried? I'll put a GM, you'll get some events, then you'll complain that they're abusing their power (which they probbaly did), or that they banned you because you broke the rules.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:05 am 

so, you (cleroth) do something ? or let it be ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:07 am 

So GM Attila was fired ? He Made 2 events and we havent seen him for 3-4 days , no events. I didnt see any mistakes during those events from his side.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Sangreal wrote:
So GM Attila was fired ? He Made 2 events and we havent seen him for 3-4 days , no events. I didnt see any mistakes during those events from his side.

He wasn't. I think he's busy with other stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:33 pm 

Cleroth wrote:
ftw wrote:
TweedleDUM wrote:

This.

You know why? Because that's what the community has devolved into. How can I get any GMs online? There's no one worthy of being a GM. Don't you think I tried? I'll put a GM, you'll get some events, then you'll complain that they're abusing their power (which they probbaly did), or that they banned you because you broke the rules.

Alright mate easy, I'm just trying to help the longevity of a server I enjoy playing with constructive feedback, no need to be so hostile.

Sounds like you've lost all faith in the community which isn't a good thing :/

Maybe you need to stop trying to please the moaners and just stick to the helpful comments.

Make a small survey and vet people for GMS - limit their power so they can't abuse. Perhaps they can be "community wardens" instead of GMS being the layer between the players and yourself. Taking info, considering it and passing the relevant info to you if it needs dealing with.

You can have events without mass prizes so they can hold events and give out event tokens - just need to be careful and watch that they don't abuse that power, a simple log scraper colud help with that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next