All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead? Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:39 pm 

for me helbreath is only fun at the start of the server when everyone rushing for lvl and ek

and also lack of USA player is the main reason i quit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:58 am 

No Sour , no Helbreath.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:31 am 

BonBabe wrote:
for me helbreath is only fun at the start of the server when everyone rushing for lvl and ek

agree

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:50 am 

Boring server = no fun and quit

Same olympia server as olympia 1 = also boring and quit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:05 am 
Site Admin

Appetite wrote:

Useful info.
So why is it boring?
Seems to me like people don't really want a classic helbreath anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:25 am 

Cleroth wrote:
Appetite wrote:

Useful info.
So why is it boring?

Trust me - we don't want thousands of armour colours, crits and eks either. but perhaps a mix?

To me - the base should be the same, I love olympia (maybe max level 180 but meh w/e), personally I think more events is a key feature thats missing. the only event i can get to (UK time) is the sunday sade as the other events are either in work time or night time.

More arena type stuff is perhaps required, maybe the drop rate slightly increased. i'm not sure ... its like anything though your going to have people say no to whatever is suggested, one thing I'm finding increasingly apparent is this:

1). people want to play a stable, bug free server where hunting and fighting is prominent
2). the majority of people who play helbreath have done so since they were in their teens and are now mid-late 20s with jobs, families and lives, therefore they dont have the time to play a low rate server.

So what happens is the people that can play consistently get all the items and the people that can't do this find it frustrating that it takes them months to achieve what others do in weeks.

(e.g. me and my friends only manage to get to gether and play 1 night a week for 4 hours and only getting a df21 chain or a crit BH between 5 of us is a little disheartening)

Servers like empire and this new (horrific) hbss server are far too over edited. I feel most people want classic helbreath with slightly better rates so the casual player has a reason to play with a few more automated events chucked in (things like death matches, ek happy hours etc really get people engaged more.)

just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 pm 

The problem with helbreath is its community, not the servers, always the same people moving from one server to another, ever since private servers opened they focused on getting back the old players to play on their server but never focused on getting new people to play, the result is quite obvious, we are less and less every time.
There is no formula to please this community, every server tried in many different ways and the result is always the same, eventually server dries up.
Why don't you try a new approach and forget about old players, at least it would be something nobody tried before, if you have a steady server with lots of new people, i guess old players would join too eventually, it would have to be a very low rate server tho.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 pm 

Make it the same level 140 cap but with way lower exp rates.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:00 pm 

I think people do want a fairly classic HB, and it's all about finding updates to implement that don't entirely change it. Battle Field being put to some kind of use, some type of gladiator arena, more ways to get event tokens (I'm still really fond of my suggestion), upper tiers for hero sets, more pvp-oriented automated events… mostly things that have been discussed in the suggestions forum and which you seemed fairly interested in, Cleroth. That would've been the way to keep the initial rush going imo (and could've have postponed the entire bitching about balance, because it's really not a huge issue when you've got 400 on!).

Of course, I have no idea how much time you can actually put into coding and I'm past the whole 'wow you are not updating your server!!!' deal, I'm not playing atm just because I lack the time to do so. I'm just saying I did expect more regular stuff, what with the initial "the entire game has been recoded to make it smoother for me to dish out updates in the future, you can expect more" idea, and I'm a bit surprised that no entirely new feature has seen the light.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:46 pm 

ftw wrote:
Cleroth wrote:
Appetite wrote:

Useful info.
So why is it boring?

Trust me - we don't want thousands of armour colours, crits and eks either. but perhaps a mix?

To me - the base should be the same, I love olympia (maybe max level 180 but meh w/e), personally I think more events is a key feature thats missing. the only event i can get to (UK time) is the sunday sade as the other events are either in work time or night time.

More arena type stuff is perhaps required, maybe the drop rate slightly increased. i'm not sure ... its like anything though your going to have people say no to whatever is suggested, one thing I'm finding increasingly apparent is this:

1). people want to play a stable, bug free server where hunting and fighting is prominent
2). the majority of people who play helbreath have done so since they were in their teens and are now mid-late 20s with jobs, families and lives, therefore they dont have the time to play a low rate server.

So what happens is the people that can play consistently get all the items and the people that can't do this find it frustrating that it takes them months to achieve what others do in weeks.

(e.g. me and my friends only manage to get to gether and play 1 night a week for 4 hours and only getting a df21 chain or a crit BH between 5 of us is a little disheartening)

Servers like empire and this new (horrific) hbss server are far too over edited. I feel most people want classic helbreath with slightly better rates so the casual player has a reason to play with a few more automated events chucked in (things like death matches, ek happy hours etc really get people engaged more.)

just my 2 cents.

Hit the nail on the head here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next