All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Digg: Manu weapons stats  Digg: Manu weapons stats  Digg: Manu weapons stats  Digg: Manu weapons stats Go to page 1, 2  Next

Manu weapons stats
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:21 am 

Whats the extra bonus in the stats of manu weapons certainly?

Is true that add +1 to minnimum dmg each 20%?
And is true that increases the hitting prob of criticals?

I would like Cleroth answer, couse many ppl is confused about this.

Thx

Re: Manu weapons stats
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:33 pm 

Stop being lazy and start using search
i have seen cleroth reply on this question so many time on fourm

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:56 pm 

BonBabe wrote:
Stop being lazy and start using search
i have seen cleroth reply on this question so many time on fourm

All this info used to be on a website that was shutdown. It would be a good idea for cleroth to put all this info on the website. People who are newer to the game come in knowing nothing because the website doesn't really tell you anything but what drops what and how the craft the new gems.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

That website was community-driven. I set up a wiki some time ago for people to contribute to it. Nobody did. I suppose I could try again.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:28 pm 

A quick search yields forum posts dating back to 2012 and I'm sure there is at least one more recent post from this year.
Now how can you be sure the info on either the forum or wiki is correct and up-to-date?

Do you believe a wiki page is a real solution, given the fact people actually ask others in the game, but then again turn to the staff for adequate info?

The one and only solution is to store configurations in a structured manner — XML for an instance and translate them into user-friendly formats such as HTML for example. This way changes become instantly transparent and no effort keeping both consistent is required.
The fucked up thing about Olympia, as far as I know, is that the configuration files were merged into the code. Even if that wasn't the case, formulae are still hard to extract from the code. Then again, just how much info do you want to share.
In any case, there has to be a comprehensive manual, no matter how hard is it to make it freely available. It's not just about the newcomers, but also the regular players, who do not know certain things about the game and therefore do not play it at it's full potential or even play it sort of wrong. Imagine a goalkeeper in a soccer game, who doesn't know he's better off playing with his hands and constantly tries to put his face in front of the ball instead. You may think that example is far fetched, but ask hb players, why do they wear lucky gold rings instead of dmg rings.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:11 pm 

Cleroth wrote:
That website was community-driven. I set up a wiki some time ago for people to contribute to it. Nobody did. I suppose I could try again.

Probably because no one knew about it. HBUSA used to have a site like that. But when they closed down they took the site with them.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:00 pm 

It was mentioned in-game multiple times over the course of a 2 or 3 month period,no one even made an effort.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:29 am 

No one besides Cleroth has access to the server's cfg files so how would anyone put info in a wiki on their own?

Cleroth, your players need you, you'r experience and skills exceeds completely our comprehension

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:17 am 

Same way 99% of all the other wikis were made i guess,post what yo believe then edit it as devs provide more accurate info.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:19 am 
Site Admin

Richtofen wrote:
No one besides Cleroth has access to the server's cfg files so how would anyone put info in a wiki on their own?

Same way every community-driven wikis are made in other online games? They're derived from change logs, information gathered from staff, through testing, or trial and error.
And as Torana said, it's easier for me to correct some wiki articles than writing them all by scratch.
There's also loads of information you can get from the game itself, or through the forums. The wiki is just a way to structurize that information in a way that is easily accessible.
Also, things like manu haven't been changed from original Helbreath. So unless otherwise stated, the answer is usually whatever old Helbreath was configured as, which even if the information might be slightly off, it's better than nothing.