All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Digg: ...  Digg: ...  Digg: ...  Digg: ... Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:17 pm 

Cleroth, just do something about it.
Is stupid to continue playing this way.

Attachments:
...2.jpg
...2.jpg [ 190.8 KiB | Viewed 633 times ]
....jpg
....jpg [ 78.84 KiB | Viewed 634 times ]

Re: ...
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Half of them are AFK. Stop using /who and use /whoactive, because that's literally useless.
Anyway, I'm working on code to be able to move guilds more easily.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

To prove my point:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:17 am 

I see this happening kinda often on the forums. People commenting on /who when they should commend on /whoactive.
An easy solution to prevent these posts would be to merge the 2 commands together. /who would bring the /whoactive popup on the screen, but still show the normal population numbers in the text field.
This way people would focus on the active players and we wouldn't have to explain the same thing over and over again.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:44 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:46 am 

anyway is not only about how many players are playing, is too about what kind of players are playing and timezones.

I think that in the last event, the DTS, when Cleroth was online, they let us win.

In the last sade, we didn't have chance on winning the event. Again boxed in our city. In the last DTS, again boxed in our base.

ISIS, Glut and Trust have around 380 characters ( 150 players maybe? ) If the 30% are active PVPers and most of them come to events we have not chance to fight.

And GA and Rezpekt are PVPers and players with experience (GA best items in server).

So, what have Elvine ? Insomnia last sunday afternoon 8 players connected. Just a game are talking about change city, and Chasers farm 24/7, all know this. They only do PVp sporadically.

Many players are quitting Cleroth or change to Aresden. We need or a huge Guild in Elvine for having a chance to "fight" or around 15-20 active PVPers in all time zones.

We are reaching a point limit. It is go to hunt with the bag full of invi pots and recalling each 10 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:00 am 

nidamae wrote:
anyway is not only about how many players are playing, is too about what kind of players are playing and timezones.

I think that in the last event, the DTS, when Cleroth was online, they let us win.

In the last sade, we didn't have chance on winning the event. Again boxed in our city. In the last DTS, again boxed in our base.

ISIS, Glut and Trust have around 380 characters ( 150 players maybe? ) If the 30% are active PVPers and most of them come to events we have not chance to fight.

And GA and Rezpekt are PVPers and players with experience (GA best items in server).

So, what have Elvine ? Insomnia last sunday afternoon 8 players connected. Just a game are talking about change city, and Chasers farm 24/7, all know this. They only do PVp sporadically.

Many players are quitting Cleroth or change to Aresden. We need or a huge Guild in Elvine for having a chance to "fight" or around 15-20 active PVPers in all time zones.

We are reaching a point limit. It is go to hunt with the bag full of invi pots and recalling each 10 minutes.

Add something about hero sets(it's important in fights)... Ares has 9 hero wars and 2 hero mages(i guess), and elvine has 4 hero wars and 0 hero mages

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:14 am 

Best Solution is disable the /who command and /whoactive then ppl wont complain and bitch about town balance when they cant tell how many are on

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:03 pm 

I don`t think that the "who" commands showing what is happening actually in the server.

I played a lot the last two weeks on my Elvine character and we haven´t any chance to win any battle if the enemy call for bu. You can do PVP taking similar groups in ML but when they call for help we are literally outnumbered all times.

And there are a lot of new players in Elvine. If you let this as nowdays, we are literally gifting the full hero to all ares players. Too many friends aren't playing atm the event for this reason, others thinking on change city and others quitting bored of die or fight always outnumbered and couldn't train.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Again, I'm not saying there isn't a problem. Just that using /who as a 'proof' that it's broken is fallacious. For that reason I'm just going to remove it the Aresden/Elvine part of /who.
But yea, of course you'll be outnumbered when they call for backup, that's why it's backup. You could do the same and call for backup too... if there's anyone willing to come, which in Elvine might not be many.
I honestly think part of the problem here is the community's hostile behavior towards other players. In all my years of HB I've never actually seen someone go "well played" or "that was a good fight". Instead, it's just "noob" or "free" or insulting allies by not doing what you want them to do. It's not surprising that these same people you insult end up not wanting to help you when you call for backup or don't coordinate with you during events. Try to act better towards one another, at least towards your town mates, and you'll find that you'll have more success fighting off the enemy. Being outnumbered is not a certainty of loss. You can still win, and if you do, then the victory should be even more satisfying, because you won against the odds.
I'll move Glutt to Elv once I've finished coding the guild transfer mechanism. However, that still won't be much help if you're not willing to go out and cooperate with one another.