All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead?  Digg: server going to dead? Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: server going to dead?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:50 pm 

I don't think Cleroth is being hostile in anyway. It is just a valid observation from a neutral party.

Helbreath community as a whole is extremely negative. Why is there so few new players to the game?

The majority of experienced players would rather bash the new players' corpse into the ground indefinitely then to stop raiding, and help a new player out with gear/advice/ answer questions honestly. (Majority, not everyone...)

Alot of MMORPGS have nicer communities which help new players to the game(because the games are much newer)

There is such a wide gap of skill/knowledge of the game from a 10 year old vet, versus a new player. I hate to say it, but this game is slowly dying, at least Cleroth is giving it one last hoorah.

Most people quit because of town imbalance, being bored of the same routine... Most of that is the communities responsibility... Why do we need to have a GM supervise events? What about meeting at BI and setting up a team versus team... Probably can't because someone in the community would spoil i...? Everyone is so EK hungry that they'd rather jump/ gank someone than play an even fight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:56 pm 

uncleron wrote:
The majority of experienced players would rather bash the new players' corpse into the ground indefinitely then to stop raiding, and help a new player out with gear/advice/ answer questions honestly. (Majority, not everyone...)

Players that consistently help newcomers get quickly surrounded by 'smart' ones, who pretend to be noob in order to take advantage of charity. My personal experience suggests these are like half of the seemingly new players that request assistance.

uncleron wrote:
Why do we need to have a GM supervise events?

Because events differ from regular gameplay and often imply distribution of rewards, which is done by GMs (and frankly, it is damn tedious).

This is an authoritarian server. That type of government implies hatred and fear towards the rulers. Complaints about power abuse are nothing but manifestation of that hatred.

Even if GMs were to 'help out' their friends or whoever they wish to, that is still in interest of the server. GMs may also choose to provide items or information to players, so they can have more fun and remain hooked to the game; GMs may even decide to punish players for the sake of sadistic amusement or demonstration of authority.
This is all fine, given the server changes over time — the community evolves, people come and go.

The scarcity of players and lack of changes make any player seem unworthy of acting a GM.
Truth is, no actions have severe enough consequences to harm a rapidly evolving server.

Simply put, I believe additional GMs would prove to be a problem instead of a solution in the current state of the server.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:00 pm 

TweedleDUM wrote:
I personally think we need more active gms and events. Ppl get bored of hunting 24/7.

Helbreath will never be balanced. On the Korean server they just don't whine they just get on with it. Don't like getting killed all the time at river? Go hunt somewhere else.

Sup ! Dats my river !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:52 am 
Site Admin

thinkpad wrote:
from what ive seen,he usually attacks when some1 tells the truth...
and ur saying like he is doing this for fun,no mate its big $$$ in here!

That doesn't make any sense. Where did I attack anyone for 'telling the truth'? You told me your opinion, I didn't disagree with it, only provided my view as to why there aren't any GMs. You disagreeing with it doesn't make it an attack.
As for what I'm doing this for... no matter what I say you're going to say I'm only doing this for money and I'm going to spend my millions of dollars collected from a tiny MMO in the Bahamas.

I've been working in HB for years. There's more to life than HB. I won't pretend that I'm doing the best to manage this server, but I still think I'm doing a rather decent job considering I'm alone.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:42 pm 

hi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:36 pm 

Cleroth wrote:
thinkpad wrote:
from what ive seen,he usually attacks when some1 tells the truth...
and ur saying like he is doing this for fun,no mate its big $$$ in here!

That doesn't make any sense. Where did I attack anyone for 'telling the truth'? You told me your opinion, I didn't disagree with it, only provided my view as to why there aren't any GMs. You disagreeing with it doesn't make it an attack.
As for what I'm doing this for... no matter what I say you're going to say I'm only doing this for money and I'm going to spend my millions of dollars collected from a tiny MMO in the Bahamas.

I've been working in HB for years. There's more to life than HB. I won't pretend that I'm doing the best to manage this server, but I still think I'm doing a rather decent job considering I'm alone.

This.

I've managed servers since the 2000's (back when you made accounts via IRC) and it is not an easy task. You don't just double click the HGServers and press 'home' and watch it run. Cleroth has put an IMMENSE amount of time and effort into creating the single most clean, smooth, and well-rounded server out there.

Personally, i'd quit your bitching. HB is a fun game for all of us to fill time - Cleroth has provided an excellent platform for this type of entertainment. I am thankful for it and excited to see that someone out there still feels that a classic HB server has a place on the inter-webs.

Mag
- Admin of Helbreath Redemption (and others)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:55 am 

The reason people are leaving the server is obviously because of the lack of ambition put into it.. A Helbreath server could never really be a good coder's main priority, it's simply not populated enough.
Imo there are so many ways to make this server fun and innovative to the community, but I'm not the coder and I have no idea how hard stuff is to actually code.

Nonetheless, helbreath community has declined in population, and also in quality.

Most people are retarded spanish youngsters (or atleast I hope they are youngsters, they act like 12 yr olds) or polish.. People generally flame each other and no one gives credit for playing the game well, there's never a ''well played man, you're good'' comment in this game, it's all ''fuck you noob free''
Well good job guys, you killed the game with your hostility, most of you who are responsible probably won't even understand this message because you're so foreign, stupid and refuse to learn english, THE international language.

This is basically my opinion about why the server is dieing, it has nothing to do with balance or rezpekt leaving the server (They hardly made a name for themselves on Oly2 anyways)

Anyways, if helbreath ever becomes some server owner's main priority, it could be fun to play again, but until then, it's not really gonna be great, if there's no inspiration behind the updates.

He is well trained though so don't worry !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:46 pm 

Helbreath is a dying game, I'd rather play dota 2 than helbreath but because i grew up gaming on Helbreath INT and a few of my friends wanted to rekindle the fire we all started playing again, we only play wednesdays, some other evenings if we can get on. It's a fun game, but i play because its enjoyable with mates.

This game will never appeal to the masses anymore because they are probably playing The Witcher 3 or whatever other game they love and enjoy now.

Take the population with a pinch of salt because at the end of the day the server runs fine, its good, can be fun if you are mature and just ignore the smelly chat that floats around from some of the obvious offenders.

Eventually we will be left with the cream of HB players, which isn't a bad thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 pm 

No we definitely get left with some smellys lol :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:40 pm 

Many different ways how to describe it.
The game is (for me Boring) if i need to do all alone.
Playing with friends always make it better.
myself personally i came back after 5-6 years, and planning stay as long as possible. There is many games on market but Helbreaths got own beauty in it. and even after all this years from first Lunch is great.

Game will die when all old gamers will die or completly loose time of fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next